New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Off the top of my head I can't name 1 improvement in the guide/sw in this decade, that's helped me. . as a matter of fact Their so called "improvements" have cost me $$, in the need to buy equipment and the electricity to run them.

my 2¢..lol

I wish they’d quit screwing around whatever they are, and put the logos back in the dang guide!!! Others may not, but i sure do, i dont have the best eyes, and the help me easily tell channels I’m looking for

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
They have to make changes, whatever they do, there is a side that doesn't like it.
As for the Logos, good luck ....
Personally, I think it takes up too much room to make them legidible and then you can't read the channel number.

I grabbed the 11a3 last night.... this morning I noticed there was a horrible delay in button commands. pausing,ff, rw, menu, everything had a 3 second delay or more. coming from the 114b which worked flawlessly for me I was disappointed the new software didn't work out. I was forced to revert back to 1104 this morning and so far everything works as expected. no command delays at all. I will go to 114b if and when I see it in the stream again. I have the hr54-700.

I believe 11a3 was a CE....Weekend nights are when CE's are usually released. Best to avoid CE's unless your willing to deal with some issues....Weekday nights are when NR's are in the stream...usually...

I grabbed the 11a3 last night.... this morning I noticed there was a horrible delay in button commands. pausing,ff, rw, menu, everything had a 3 second delay or more. coming from the 114b which worked flawlessly for me I was disappointed the new software didn't work out. I was forced to revert back to 1104 this morning and so far everything works as expected. no command delays at all. I will go to 114b if and when I see it in the stream again. I have the hr54-700.
I have seen other report that as well, however, I have not had any of those issues with this latest software ... yet.
However, I am not using a D* remote either.

The last several CEs have been very laggy. It's obnoxious. You've been lucky to be on NR, Jimbo.
Not on NR any longer.
I picked up last weekends CE, working fine so far, but like I said before, everyones set ups are a bit different and I think that may make the CE work differently ... I have a HR44 and no clients ... my HR24 is no longer on a CE.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I downloaded 0x11a3 on Friday night.
Other than no On Demand, which I don't use, everything is working great.
Yeah ...

But the problem I usually experience is when the VOD function is out after a firmware update. Chances are the DIRECTV app connectivity to the remote DVR feature of the Genie is going to be out too.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I downloaded 0x11a3 on Friday night.
Other than no On Demand, which I don't use, everything is working great.
I'm in the same boat ....
I use Netflix and Amazon Prime for my On Demand needs.

My D* On Demand was not working, however I haven't tried it again since Sat.

I just checked and my On Demand and it is working fine.

No it did not. What happened was because the receiver could only deliver one type of guide at a time, to meet the HDCP copy protection requirements, the output from the box over a;ll outputs was switched off if you had a non-HDCP compliant device connected to the HDMI outputs. With most TVs, that meant the HDMI-connected TV could not be on standby.
Using the component output solved this issue because you could still use the HD guide since component does not have HDCP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts