New Guy Here Have Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

heydoc

Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
Indiana
I have an phillp's dvr model DSR 708. I have a (3) eye oval dish that i want to put at my camper spot for the summer,which is another state but want my home locals.Will i have to have another dish to point to my home locals?And how do I find out what satellite mine home locals are on?I tryed to look on and home system but I have HD there and dont know how to tell!Also what if any kind of switch?
Thanks lot of Questions

I have an phillp's dvr model DSR 708. I have a (3) eye oval dish that i want to put at my camper spot for the summer,which is another state but want my home locals.Will i have to have another dish to point to my home locals?And how do I find out what satellite mine home locals are on?I tryed to look on and home system but I have HD there and dont know how to tell!Also what if any kind of switch?
Thanks lot of Questions

Sorry , but it's not done that way.
You need to point the dish at the sats (correct ones at that) regardless if your at home or at your other location.
ass for getting your Home locals at the other location depends on how far away the other location is and if your still in your local spotbeam.
Locals are set up on Spotbeams now, not Conus.

If your out of your local spot beam you will get the normal programming, but not your locals.
If you are still in your locals spotbeam, you will pick them up when you get your set up set.

This sounds like a VERY old recvr, a lot of the everyday channels have moved to Mpeg4 technology that your old recvr won't handle, so you may NOT get ALL your programming that you get at home.

Have you set up the dish before ?

I would try to set that up at home before you try going elsewhere , just so your comfortable setting the thing up.
What dish are you hoping to use ?

This sounds like a VERY old recvr, a lot of the everyday channels have moved to Mpeg4 technology that your old recvr won't handle, so you may NOT get ALL your programming that you get at home.

What ?
:confused:

None of the "everyday channels" have moved to only using MPEG4 technology.
There's HD versions of a lot of the "everyday channels", but you can still get all the "everyday channels" without upgrading to a slimline dish and an MPEG4 compatible receiver.

What ?
:confused:

None of the "everyday channels" have moved to only using MPEG4 technology.
There's HD versions of a lot of the "everyday channels", but you can still get all the "everyday channels" without upgrading to a slimline dish and an MPEG4 compatible receiver.

They are still all mirroring them in both Mpeg4 as well as Mpeg 2 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)