New Guy Here, Need Help Setting up 922 for TV2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

inzandity

Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Western Massachusetts
Alright guys, I am going to try to explain this best that I can but I am not a pro by any means so bear with me!

This is my set up in my house -

There is a single dish set up on my house with the two outputs going into what looks like a four way splitter. See picture 1.

From there, the single output from that splitter goes to the triplexer (shown in picture 2) which connects to "Sat 1", "Sat 2" and "Home Distribution Unit".

So my question here being, where do I plug in my second TV (preferably coax) if the "Home Distribution Unit" output is being used by that triplexer already?? I have tried plugging into the empty output on the splitter, but I am not receiving a signal.

On a side note as well, I have changed the settings on my dish between Cable / Air, Home Distribution / Direct and nothing seems to work! I called Dish and they want to have a technician come out and take a look :rolleyes:. I don't feel like paying for something that is already set up...can anybody help me out here?!

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 266
triplexer.jpeg

It'll look something like this (ignore the second dish, it won't make a difference). Most likely need a diplexer like HIFI said. I'm pretty sure he can see the future too because he posts on things right before I do.

Luckily I have the diplexer.

So the update is, I installed the diplexer after the ground block. I took the lead that was coming off the ground block and put it into the single side of the diplexer and hooked TV1 and TV2 on the other side (see picture attached). TV1 works perfect still and everything functions correctly. TV2 on the other hand, states that it is Acquiring Signal (015). I have power recycled the 922 by unplugging and plugging it back in a few times and no go. Any other ideas?

On a side note, I can't seem to get a crystal clear signal to TV2...everything is all static. I have been going through different channels and toggling between Cable / Air in the settings to try and get a better picture and it seems to improve every time a little more. Is this normal as well? Not a huge problem right now...more or less wanting to get anything running first :)

Thank you all so much for your help!!! This is a great forum!

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    959.2 KB · Views: 238

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)