New Guy needs HELP!, What reciever should I request

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cebps1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Sothern New Jersey
I am new and still learning about HDTV and could use some advise. I just bought a HDTV and will use DishNetwork to receive HDTV. They are scheduled to come out on Monday to install. They said they will install an 811 and a 322. Question: is the optimum set up for my ststem. My requirments are simple and they are:
I want to use PIP .
I do not need DVR but would use it.
I want HDTV signal
I want to utilize the fiber optic digital input on my tv .

Should I request a different reciever other than the 811? and what is a 322?
:confused:

cebps1 said:
I am new and still learning about HDTV and could use some advise. I just bought a HDTV and will use DishNetwork to receive HDTV. They are scheduled to come out on Monday to install. They said they will install an 811 and a 322. Question: is the optimum set up for my ststem. My requirments are simple and they are:
I want to use PIP .
I do not need DVR but would use it.
I want HDTV signal
I want to utilize the fiber optic digital input on my tv .

Should I request a different reciever other than the 811? and what is a 322?
:confused:
My honest answer to you would be get Directv, but seeing you have decided that DISH Network is best for you I would suggest you call DISH or the dealer you are buying from and ask the questions. From the questions you are asking YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE BUYING. You are not an informed consumer and will pay the price. :( I need to edit my answer. You should have investigated these questions before you contracted for the installation of equipment that may not fit your needs. You really need to sit down with the selling dealer and have them explain how your needs are being filled by the equipment you contracted for. From the information you have provided I couldn't guess what DISH products you actually need. How many TVs are you connecting, what audio equipment do you have, what connections does your TV have?

You want to PIP 2 Dish channels, or a Dish channel and another source? The 942 will PIP 2 HDTV channels.
Once you use DVR you'll no longer say you don't need it.
See http://ekb.dbstalk.com/107 for HDTV receivers and info. All have optical digital audio output though I'm not familiar with a set that has an optical input. If you meant digital video, all the current models can connect to a DVI input and the 942 adds HDMI - those are not sent over optical.
The 322 is a dual-tuner non-DVR model that will feed 2 TVs with separate std definition channels.

Help

Well I put off installation until June and will put up with cable for another month, primarily because the system the Dish Network and I configure (942 receiver with a 625 recorder) will not be available until then.

My system
Samsung LTN406W 40" flat panel LCD TV with a Samsung HT system HT-SK6. I will hook up to an OTA HDTV antenna to get locals in HD.

My Requirments
get as mant HDTV chanels as posible

boba
Why Direct TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts