New Guy With A Few Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmk

Original poster
May 28, 2014
Hello, my name is Brian and I just got my first FTA setup working yesterday. I've got a Wingard ds2076, Satcom A7 receiver (not that great, but $23 on amazon) and Strong single output universal LNB.

I live northwest of Houston, Currently pointed at G19, signal quality is 51-53%. How is that?

And now a poll: if you could only point at one satellite, could only receive standard definition Ku, and only spoke English, which satellite would you aim at, and why?

Thanks,
Brian

Hello, my name is Brian
I live northwest of Houston, Currently pointed at G19, signal quality is 51-53%. How is that?

And now a poll: if you could only point at one satellite, could only receive standard definition Ku, and only spoke English, which satellite would you aim at, and why?

Thanks,
Brian

Welcome to the board Brian,
Maybe you can get more Q if you tweak your dish, I get about 75-80 on that bird.

Now for the poll. I´d park my single dish precisely at G19 (97W) for entertainment shows on Ebru and KTV2, and for another perspective on news on Al Etejah, Press TV, RT and CNC and for Ukranian 1 (formerly Jewish 1)

Reactions: northgeorgia
A few months ago I bought from e-bay Skybox F6, for $70. It receives HD and can record programs on USB or extra hard drive. It is possible to point your dish to azimuth 92, and install two inexpensive standard LNBF's with a switch and receive both, 97 W and 87 W

I got my SD only Pansat 3500 aimed at 103°W for the radio channels.
But it does a bang up job on 97°W also. Guess that's where I'd point it if for "TV".
EBRU, KTV, CNC News, JCTV, PressTV. From 'what I've read, 97 will be DVB-S for quite a long time into the future.
Maybe try for 95 by 'splitting the difference' to get CCTV at the same time???aim at 96????
5 yrs ago, DVB-S was about 'all you needed'. Today most are DVB-S2.

Galaxy 19 for sure. There are hundreds of channels, some are english and there are others that have subtitles when they play movies. As far as I'm concerned it's the best bang for your buck with standard definition.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts