New Guy with Hopper Questions

Deep South

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
South Alabama
Hi everyone! This is my first post here and I have some questions about the Hopper. My first question, if someone is already a dish customer can they get a free Hopper and the 12 month savings on channel packages if they sign a new 2 year contract or do you have to be a new or former customer? My other question is can more than one tv be watched from one Hopper like some of the older multi-tuner dvr's or do you have to have a Joey on any additional televisions? I'm sure I'll have more questions but these are my main ones at the moment.

For existing customers you will probably never see deals as good as new customers. The best bet is to call and talk to them. Anything is possible. As to your other question: You need a Joey to use additional TV's. The technology used in the Hopper is different than what the older multi-room DVR's use.

I have heard some people say they were able to get a deal while staying with Dish, but Dish's stance (which does not mean it cannot happen) is while you are a current customer, you will not get this deal, especially the promo price on the packages. Closest may be $5 - $10 off, so depending on your package may be close. You would need to be a returning customer (gone from Dish for 90 days), or you can try a different person in your household setting up a new account.

You can get a good deal as an existing customer, you just need to be persistent.

I have been with Dish for 10 years. I recently called to see what kind of a deal I could get moving from a 722 to a months 2 Hopper/2 Joey setup. After talking with a CSR, a retention rep, a dirt rep, and finally another retention rep, I got a super deal. I got a HWS, an original Hopper, 2 Joeys, installation, and 3 months of HBO. All at no charge. I did mention I was going to switch to DirecTV.

The installer came out and did a great job. I have yet to have any problems with the new equipment.

I have heard some people say they were able to get a deal while staying with Dish, but Dish's stance (which does not mean it cannot happen) is while you are a current customer, you will not get this deal, especially the promo price on the packages. Closest may be $5 - $10 off, so depending on your package may be close. You would need to be a returning customer (gone from Dish for 90 days), or you can try a different person in your household setting up a new account.

So when my 2 years is up if they don't offer me anything good, I wait 90 days to come back. What pricing would I get? Or can my wife sign up for dish and get new customer pricing ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts