New H10 Firmware Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
rockaway1836 said:
I think they may have run in to a problem, there haven't been any reports since the first day. It seems the update is knocking out HD and locals in some cases.

No problems, you just need to reset everything after update, everything goes to default after update.

No problems, you just need to reset everything after update, everything goes to default after update.[/QUOTE]

When I read that people were on the line with tech support following the update, I took that as a possible problem. Maybe those folks just panicked without merit. :rolleyes:

So is East Coast gonna get it or what??? I mean give it to me already

rockaway1836 said:
No problems, you just need to reset everything after update, everything goes to default after update.

When I read that people were on the line with tech support following the update, I took that as a possible problem. Maybe those folks just panicked without merit. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Oh yea I was one of them :D To be honest the update fixed the HDMI issue and now I am able to use it but I got to say I perfer my component connection. HDMI is nice to use to free up a component spot for other equipment but for me it had no wow factor as other people have reported from time to time and my HI DEf looks better through component.

I would like to know where you are as well?? I can't wait till Aug. 9th even though it looks as if I have too....

Do you have to have the phone line hooked up to get the update? Or does it come in through that little round antennae on my roof?

rockaway1836 said:
Palese, are you on the west coast as the others seem to be?

Yes Long Beach Ca.

robrient that is a good question, mine was connected at the time.

Some people say when it comes it ask if you want to update now or later, hell I was in bed and when I got up for work and turned on the tv all my HD and local stuff was gone. Later that day I called D* and they expained everything to me. So if your out or in bed don't worry they will update you even if you are not there to say now or later :shocked

Phone line.....

You do not need to have the phone line hooked up to get the update. I got mine the other night and have NEVER had a phone line hooked up to my H10.

I can't find the firmware version on my HR10-250. Can someone please post explicit instructions of how to find it?

Thanks
Mike

If you have an H10 remote like mine, one of the buttons is called "list". above the select button are Guide, Active, List and Exit. If your remote is different then I can't help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts