New H3 receiver, spontaneous reboots while watching Amazon Prime Video

dukiebluedoc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Cave Creek AZ
I am now on my 3d H3 receiver this year.
Installed a week ago, immediately began having spontaneous reboots when I watch Prime Video via Dish--Prime itself or Acorn or Britbox TV that I get via Amazon.
Netflix on Dish, no problem.
Amazon Prime via my Amazon Fire Cube to LG TV no problem.
I have AT&T fiber fast internet and my devices are all connected to the router via ethernet.
The top of my H3 has plenty of space around it so I don't think it is a heat problem.
I have not yet contacted Dish, just wonder if there is anything else I should try.
TIA, as usual
Caroline
PS this forum is a lifesaver :clapping

I've started noticing this on my H3 in the last few days too. I've had it for quite a while, so not a new one like yours, but similar symptoms. Everything seems to be working fine except for Amazon Prime Video, which used to work fine too. I wonder if a recent software update screwed it up. The diagnostics screen says I'm running dated 8/13/21, but I don't know if that's the build date or when my H3 actually upgraded itself to that version...

Reactions: dukiebluedoc
3 receivers replaced indicates a problem elsewhere. Perhaps your router, H3 and Amazon software do not like each other. Have you tried adding a Netgear router and connecting the H3 to the Netgear?

Actually the first/3 receivers had a hard drive crash, the second had a problem with allowing us to view recorded shows. After the 3d(current) was installed we changed routers --we now have AT&T fiber.
Everything else including Netflix via Dish streams fine.
I found a recent post on the Amazon Prime forum where someone with a Hopper 3 has the identical problem, so there would seem to be a subset of us who have just started having the same issue.

I am now on my 3d H3 receiver this year.
Installed a week ago, immediately began having spontaneous reboots when I watch Prime Video via Dish--Prime itself or Acorn or Britbox TV that I get via Amazon.
Netflix on Dish, no problem.
Amazon Prime via my Amazon Fire Cube to LG TV no problem.
I have AT&T fiber fast internet and my devices are all connected to the router via ethernet.
The top of my H3 has plenty of space around it so I don't think it is a heat problem.
I have not yet contacted Dish, just wonder if u
PS this forum is a lifesaver :clapping

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)