New H3 software

Does Dish have two sets of programmers? The first one puts bugs in the programming and then the second one removes it a couple of versions down the line.
It seems like what they lack is any group to do full regression testing on all the different versions of H3 hardware that they have fielded, and also they may not be testing with all the different ways that users have set options on their H3s. There's also all the different setups with different numbers of Joeys and different flavors of Joeys, external hard drives, OTA modules, TVs, sound bars, surround receivers, and on and on. It's certainly not a trivial thing to accomplish, but it seems like they should be doing better at this than they are.

BUGS.jpg

Finally got my H3 to update to H316 from H313. I had to do it in the middle of the afternoon. Maybe it could not do the update overnight because of scheduled timers as was mentioned previously. I haven't noticed an big differences.

So far not a fan of 316. the DVR skip forward and back really lags and many times now when skipping backward it ends up changing the channel on its own and the buffer is then gone. Trying to skip forward is almost as bad. Even when I try he 300X it is jerky and lags.

I noticed last night that H316 solves an issue I've had forever. When I watch any commercial TV live and hit a big block of commercials, I like to toggle back and forth between live TV and a recorded program via the recall button. For a long long time, whenever I went back to the recorded program, it would skip ahead about 30 seconds. That no longer happens. I think it skips ahead a few seconds on regular recorded programs, but it actually skips back a second or two on VOD programs. Nice!

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)