New H3 software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I noticed it when everything started lagging, the channel logos populated slowly.

It looks like it was doing house keeping.

Yes. I've noticed that many things are sluggish. The DVR recordings page graphics take a long time to paint.

Remote control selections are extremely sluggish - channel up took about 15 seconds.

Playing a recording results in a black screen for up to 15 seconds and then the remote is sluggish to respond.

And other similarly slow response times.

Happens on both the primary Hopper 3 and on the Joeys.

Does Dish have two sets of programmers? The first one puts bugs in the programming and then the second one removes it a couple of versions down the line.
I don't know how many programmers they have but their quality control and testing group must be on vacation. Apparently they don't even use their own products or they'd see this stuff.

Reactions: Jon J
Was about to call Dish and request a new hopper. Just saw this post.
Same problem, slow skip forward, and back, up to to 20 seconds, sometimes after pushing the menu button nothing happens. Entering channel numbers only works about 50 percent of the time. Forward button doesn't always work.
Have rebooted hopper a number of times, but that doesn't help.

Went from H313 to H316 and noticed that the previously watched shows on DVR did not delete as instructed after watching. Any newer shows deleted properly... timing glitch?

Both of my Hopper3 receivers have software H316 and my Joey3 is on J516. I have not had any of the problems that others are reporting. Everything seems to be working fine. No speed problems at all. All 3 of my external hard drives are working fine.
It always amazes me how some Hopper3 customers can have a lot of problems with a given software update while some of us have no problems. It has got to be very frustrating to the Dish support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of my Hopper3 receivers have software H316 and my Joey3 is on J516. I have not had any of the problems that others are reporting. Everything seems to be working fine. No speed problems at all. All 3 of my external hard drives are working fine.
It always amazes me how some Hopper3 customers can have a lot of problems with a given software update while some of us have no problems. It has got to be very frustrating to the Dish support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No issues too for me on WA St Louis DMA.

Mine has been kind of sluggish, sometimes have to hit the same button on the remote twice for it to work, both the guide and DVR page take a little while to show on the screen when I go to one of those. EHD's are all connected but sometimes I turn on the Hopper3 or Joey3 and see the message that an external device has connected when nothing was disconnected at all so I don't know there is something going on with the EHD's (they have been fine for a while) or the Hopper3.

Reactions: KaptainRandom
I was gona ask if this fix issue with fast forward a dvr randomly cause it to actual rewind, which was broke some time last year and fixed later, just to be issue again, seen it few time drop to live to and then act as if recording has ended or just start from beginning, But I have 316 build.

I would also mention there guide is messed up but that has nothing to do with software and more about provider change.

Reactions: TheKrell
I was gona ask if this fix issue with fast forward a dvr randomly cause it to actual rewind, which was broke some time last year and fixed later, just to be issue again, seen it few time drop to live to and then act as if recording has ended or just start from beginning, But I have 316 build.
I had something happen last night that I've never seen before. I was pressing the skip-back button a few times (3?) in rapid succession. Instead of skipping back 30 seconds as expected, it skipped back ~30 minutes!

Was about to call Dish and request a new hopper. Just saw this post.
Same problem, slow skip forward, and back, up to to 20 seconds, sometimes after pushing the menu button nothing happens. Entering channel numbers only works about 50 percent of the time. Forward button doesn't always work.
Have rebooted hopper a number of times, but that doesn't help.
Same here. Had appointment for last Friday and canceled after deciding it was software update related. Dish wouldn't send new H3 via UPS and insisted sending tech (sorry, human being)since I was insisting on a resolution. They tried to get rid of me by saying my case would be referred to tech support (I thought I was speaking with tech support, but then he said higher level tech support). They didn't offer to update me on the resolution and said I could call back the next day.
We are OK all day and screws up in the evening. I wish they would man up and just say they boned us with a firmware/software update and don't know how to fix it yet.
I've started power cycling the hopper at 4:30 daily so we can watch in the evening. I guess I'll just do this until I see an update. I'm envious of those lucky enough to not have issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)