New HD Channels and software updates

MergaTroy6

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
Straight from the office inbox:

Effective Thursday, July 14, 2005, WB HD will be available in all service areas. An iO HD (high-definition) converter or a CableCARD equipped cable-ready HDTV is required. The launch will take place over a three-day period (July 12 – July 14) as outlined in this field communication.

Effective Wednesday, July 13, 2005, WTIC HD will be available in the Litchfield service area (corp 7881) to all subscribers who have an iO HD (high-definition) converter or a CableCARD equipped cable-ready HDTV. Also effective Wednesday, July 13, 2005, WGN will be available to all Litchfield subscribers

HD Tagging On Cablevision Channel Guide and iO Digital Channel Guide
Effective Wednesday, July 6
, programming that has been produced in HD format will be "tagged" or highlighted with a gold background on the iO Digital Channel Guide (channel 100) in all areas. At the same time, in Woodbury, Norwalk and Westchester only, the Cablevision Channel Guide (channel 14) will be updated to highlight programming that has been produced in HD format that can be found on that service's corresponding HD channel position. A launch schedule for the remaining service areas and additional information will be provided in an upcoming field communication.

Beginning Wednesday July 6 and continuing through Thursday July 14th all Scientific Atlanta 1850, 4200 and 4200 HD converteres will recieve a software update. The upgrade will take place between the hours of 1am and 5am on the first scheduled day in deferred mode, and 2nd day in immediate mode. The area specific schedule is too big to post here. You'll know you're getting the update if you're up late and see scrolling numbers on your box.

Yes, although I'm happy to see them adding more HD (it's all good) I'd rather see Discovery HD Theater and InHD2. Let's keep asking for it...

The Rickster

Discovery HD would be sweet. I don't see it anytime soon though. I fear it will be like Turner Classics, millions of request but we never get the channel.

TNT HD and inHD2 would be nice as well.

Yes I do work for CV, but I'm not a CSR, I work in the backend for Opt Voice number portability. I used to work for Voom as well.

Question

Do you know what the updates to the boxes are to address, because they just recently sent out updates for the new UI and for DVR updates in the last 2 weeks or so. Also do you know why the are only updating the 1850's,4200, and 4200HD but not the 8300/8300HD DVRs.

Also the HD tagging was supposed to start yearsterday but i see no difference has anyone gotten this. Did i read it right in that it would be sent out system wide on the 6th?

MergaTroy6 said:
Discovery HD would be sweet. I don't see it anytime soon though. I fear it will be like Turner Classics, millions of request but we never get the channel.

TNT HD and inHD2 would be nice as well.

Yes I do work for CV, but I'm not a CSR, I work in the backend for Opt Voice number portability. I used to work for Voom as well.
Merga: is the issue $$$ or is CV tapped out of bandwith space??for now

Those higher up than I would know that answer. Sorry, I'll try my best and report back if I learn anything new. I want these chanels as much as you guys.

Good info

Merga,
Great info on the channels and hd tag. Just got WB-HD today. I am curious as to why only litchfield get WGN. Is a new policy of cv sending out memos on new channels to employees prior to lauch? Usually no one knows until its launched.

liquidnw said:
Merga,
Great info on the channels and hd tag. Just got WB-HD today. I am curious as to why only litchfield get WGN. Is a new policy of cv sending out memos on new channels to employees prior to lauch? Usually no one knows until its launched.

we usually find out a couple of day to a week before launch

liquidnw said:
I am curious as to why only litchfield get WGN. .

WAG here, but probably has something to do with WOR and WGN both being superstations, and Litchfield not being in the NY area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts