New HD Channels Are On

Status
Please reply by conversation.
First Directv leaps WAY forward on HD promises & then Charlie backs Comrade Hillary for Czar!:eek:

Time to consider dumping Dish:(:(:(

This would be my startup cost to SWITCH!!!
I currently pay $115/month for Dish AEP w/ HD

Your DIRECTV® System
Startup Costs
1 DIRECTV® HD DVR $299.00
Instant Online Rebate -$100.00
Standard Professional Installation
Total Startup Costs: $199.00

Your First Month's Bill
PREMIER With NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ $69.99
DIRECTV® HD EXTRA PACK $0.00
HD Access $9.99
DIRECTV DVR Service $0.00
First Month's Total: $79.98

Free Gift When You Sign Up = $50 VISA Gift Card

I currently have a vip 211 and 625 (sd dvr) with the dvr in a bedroom and the second feed to four other televisions. New remotes with radio capability were ten bucks each on ebay. I used rebate on HD receiver and paid 100 for dvr. I told them I couldn't give dvr up, I'll live with only a sd one, so they gave $100 rebate, $10 per for 10 months. Then three sd receivers, said bedroom, kitchen, and other bedroom, but the cost was $70 per to upgrade later or $50 late fee if I don't activate them within the first month (presumably a fine not a monthly fee, irrevelant because they'll get hooked up). THe sd receivers are $6 a month each, the hd fee is $10, and the dvr fee is $7, the last is waived if part of Directs version of aep as is the sports package fee of $12. The difference in the d* aep and the non premium package is 30, when you include the 12 and 7, it is probably better to get the top of the line vs the 180 channels.

I forget what Dish is because there is usually one sports ppv (30), setanta (15), sports package (5), hd access (20), dvr access for not being on landline (6), and locals (6). Of course they both nickel and dime you, but the NFL promotion was pretty sweet. This honestly all started because I wanted to cancel Setanta and they were gonna charge me a $5 downgrade fee, which I knew to expect that, but they've waived it before in the past. Then charlie put 8 ppvs instead of national hd and called in national hd. And it just seems like e*'s capacity is limited until it gets more birds in the air.

I still plan on keeping E* for NHL c.i. and maybe Setanta just for spite. Is it as simple as paying the rental fees each month. I know someone said before they offer a downtime rate of $5 per month for like nine months if you are going to be away, but want to keep the equipment. Can I expect it to be as cheap as paying $10 or 15 for hd and dvr lease and then the other 2 c.i. payments?

E* better get off their butts and get it in gear!! FX HD was the killer for me. Nip/Tuck in HD would be great! I am stuck with Dish until March 2008 but after that its all up in the air...

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Oct 15, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DIRECTV (NYSE:DTV), the nation's leading satellite television service provider, is now offering 72 national HD channels - significantly more than any other television provider in the nation. This is the first wave in DIRECTV's unprecedented expansion of HD services that is building towards up to 100 HD channels by year-end(a).

"If you own a high-definition television, or are thinking about buying one, you can now watch your favorite channels in crystal-clear DIRECTV HD(TM)," said Derek Chang, executive vice president, Content Strategy and Development, DIRECTV, Inc. "The DIRECTV HD programming expansion that consumers have been waiting for has become a reality. We overwhelmingly lead the industry in terms of both quantity and quality of HD programming. There simply isn't a better television experience on the planet."

The full DIRECTV HD programming lineup, including the new channels, and details on receiving equipment needed for the new DIRECTV HD services, are available by calling 1-800-DIRECTV or visiting directv.com.

DIRECTV's current HD lineup includes:

-- A&E HD -- The History Channel HD-- Animal Planet HD -- HGTV-HD-- ABC HD NY (b) -- MGM HD-- ABC HD LA (b) -- MHD-- Big Ten Network HD -- National Geographic Channel HD-- Bravo HD -- NBC HD NY (b)-- Cartoon Network HD -- NBC HD LA (b)-- CBS HD NY (b) -- NESN HD-- CBS HD LA (b) -- NFL Network HD-- Cinemax HD East -- Sci-Fi Channel HD-- Cinemax HD West -- SHO Too HD-- CSN Chicago HD -- Showtime HD-- CSN Mid-Atlantic HD -- Showtime HD West-- CNBC HD+ -- Smithsonian Channel HD-- CNN HD -- Speed Channel HD-- Discovery Channel HD -- SportsNet New York HD-- ESPN HD -- Starz Comedy HD-- ESPN2 HD -- Starz Edge HD-- Food Network HD -- Starz HD East-- Fox HD NY (b) -- Starz HD West-- Fox HD LA (b) -- Starz Kids & Family HD-- Fox Business Network HD -- TBS in HD-- FSN Detroit HD -- The Movie Channel East HD-- FSN Prime Ticket HD -- The Science Channel HD-- FSN Southwest HD -- The Weather Channel HD-- FSN West HD -- TLC HD-- Fuel TV HD -- TNT HD-- FX HD -- Universal HD-- HBO HD East -- USA Network HD-- HBO HD West -- Versus HD/Golf Channel HD-- HD Theater -- YES HD-- HDNet -- HD PPV (8)-- HDNet Movies
DIRECTV HD customers will continue to pay only a $9.99 access fee, allowing them to receive DIRECTV's premier HD technology and all channels broadcast in HD that are tied to their particular base programming package.

Customers who want the ultimate HD experience can subscribe to the DIRECTV(R) HD EXTRA PACK for an additional $4.99 per month. This new addition of HD-only channels is for the true HD fan and includes: HDNet, HDNet Movies, Universal HD, MHD, Smithsonian HD and MGM HD.

In addition to the national HD channels listed above, DIRECTV also offers 245 local HD channels across 61 cities, representing more than 70 percent of U.S. TV Households.

The DIRECTV 11 satellite will be launched early next year to support further HD expansion. With the two satellites, DIRECTV will have the ability to deliver 150 national HD channels and 1,500 local HD and digital channels in addition to new advanced programming services for customers.

For those of you that jumped ship from E* to D*, happy hunting. I'm with Dish on a longterm committment, but would like to know how the D* HD picture quality compares with your E* experience. Preliminary information seems to be that D* and E* are comparable, but you transshippers should be able to better gauge constant quality.

Regards,
Fitzie

For those of you that jumped ship from E* to D*, happy hunting. I'm with Dish on a longterm committment, but would like to know how the D* HD picture quality compares with your E* experience. Preliminary information seems to be that D* and E* are comparable, but you transshippers should be able to better gauge constant quality.

Regards,
Fitzie
I have both and the PQ on D* looks much better. I am going to dump E* now. It aint worth keeping for just VOOM.

I have both and the PQ on D* looks much better. I am going to dump E* now. It aint worth keeping for just VOOM.

Funny you mention Voom. With the solar flare(??) activity according to other posts, I cannot get half the Voom channels due to a crappy TP 22 & 23 on Sat 129. I also cannot get the new TBS HD either. I will see if it continues before asking for a bigger dish (?).

Anyone know if D* reception is better in Northwest US than E*???

Spanish Channels in HD?

Check out the D* homepage on their web site - big changes for big HD ad campaign that started during NFL yesturday. Looks great!

Once and Hitn (415 and 438) show up as available in HD on both the English and Spanish packages listed on the D*TV website. I have the Spanish package and I'm not getting either in HD. Can anyone here confirm this? Or should I reset my H20?

Funny you mention Voom. With the solar flare(??) activity according to other posts, I cannot get half the Voom channels due to a crappy TP 22 & 23 on Sat 129. I also cannot get the new TBS HD either. I will see if it continues before asking for a bigger dish (?).

Anyone know if D* reception is better in Northwest US than E*???
I've never heard of solar flare ,untill I got a Dishnetwork system. Why is that? D* never once in the 4 years i've had it has it been talked about. Is this just another E* problem? Because I guess with D* its not a problem.

FXHD pq

How is FXHD PQ?

I took a quick glance and at the time they were showing the movie "The Stepford Wives" with Better Midler and it wasnt even in DD 5.1 and was being shown in the 4:3 format not WS..I hope FXHD is not going toshow all thier HD like that I would be disappointed....

But hey what a nice suprise to see a roll out on Monday...I count a total of 61 HD channels now counting the newly added PPV ones and alot of the new ones look great and some not as great but I would say D* is definitely the leader in HD channels now and won't be looking back!!

HHHMMMM....and my contract JUST finished with DISH:D...What is a HD junkie to do...??!!:confused: Decisions, decisions.....

HELP??!! LMAO!! What a GREAT problem to have....

Come on board with DirecTV. How would you like to make $50 and get a free portable dvd player? ;) Referals are always the best way!

I'm thrilled with the additions.

I applaud Fox Business for making use of the extra screen space for stock info (and not exclusively the ticker).

My RSN in Fox Sports Net - Detroit. Detroit Tigers in HD, playing at Comerica Park especially, looks fantastic. (Sports, reliably, look great in HD.)

I think HGTV and, added last Wednesday, Food Network look great in HD.

I want what most others would: everything, from this point forward, being produced in HD. Real HD.

Anybody have a list of what channels are on what satellite.

I get most of the new HD channels in all the time

But some of the new ones (NGHD, SHD, and Fox Business HD for example) come in and out. The thing is either they all work or all don't work with the searching for satellite message. I'm thinking maybe one transponder is out of alignment on my dish and want to know which one.

But some of the new ones (NGHD, SHD, and Fox Business HD for example) come in and out. The thing is either they all work or all don't work with the searching for satellite message. I'm thinking maybe one transponder is out of alignment on my dish and want to know which one.

All the new HD is coming from 103b. What are your signal strengths on it. Check both tuners.
Almost sounds like you may need to have your dish peaked by a tech. Or yourself if you're handy with the tools and can get someone to help.

It sounds to me like you have a diplexer in your line, combining the satellite cable with an ota antenna. That doesn't work properly. If that's what you have, you need to run a separate line for the ota antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts