New HD Channels for 10/17/07

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TulsaCoker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Tulsa, Ok
Well I guess I'll start the thread in what people speculate will come out next week. Here is my guess:

HGTV-HD
Fox Business - HD
Fox Sports Regional (probable 4-6 channels)
and FX-HD

Sounds good as far as I'm concerned. But the sports channels are a waste of sat. space to me. But I understand some people are hooked on it.......

Stuck in the Philadelphia DMA as I am, I can't say I get really excited by the RSN...really hoping for some nationals, like Cartoon or Disney or some other kids stuff for my son, FX for me...

But that being said, more power to those who want their RSNs...I look at you with no malice and a ton of envy.

Stuck in the Philadelphia DMA as I am, I can't say I get really excited by the RSN...really hoping for some nationals, like Cartoon or Disney or some other kids stuff for my son, FX for me...

But that being said, more power to those who want their RSNs...I look at you with no malice and a ton of envy.

You might get Cartoon, but I think Disney is scheduled for next year, unfortunately - my kids would like it, too...

I'll take HGTV and FX, please.

I was suprised that only 4 new channels were added this week - but that's the way this thing goes - for various reasons. That being said, I am expecting to get some info for next week over the weekend, but I will take a early guess (yes a guess) that we will see at least 12 new adds on the 17th.

Personally, I can't think of any channel that I watch that I don't have in HD (except 2 local NY stations that I get OTA) - so it doesn't do much for me myself and I.

But just look at how much has been added since September 26th - only 15 days!

Good work DirecTV.

It wood be good to get FX and HGTV. So far I have been very impressed with the overall quality of what we have received. I watched a few minutes of Food Network last night, and it looked very sharp and detailed to me.

The Travel Channel would be awesome in HD awe can you imagen the carribean and exotic locals in HD?! Travel Travel Travel chan HD!!!

By all the research I have been reading, it looks like the 17th is when a bunch or RSN will be comming out.

Pron

On a semi-series note. I would LOVE to watch some Jenna or Hustler PPV in HD. Seriously...

The next one's on my list are Toon HD and Nick HD. I love the shows my kid loves, what can I say?? Very impressed so far.

I was curious...why didn't the new channels yesterday show up on the list? Oh wait, I just answered my own question. I was using my custom list, and not the default, so they wouldn't show up, would they? Fixed it by adding them, so no biggie!

mmmmm....food tv....:hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)