New HD Channels for 10/17/07

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CNBC HD
Food Network HD
Fox Business HD

I can't wait until we get the XM channels in HD.b:D

Any plans on ESPN News in HD?
Yeah that'd be interesting.. XM channels in better quality than what XM can provide. Wonder what would happen when/if Sirius/XM merge.. be pretty sweet if they parlayed that into E* and D* getting a'la carte radio programming.

I was being sarcastic...

I'm all about more HD channels but I'll never watch a few of these.
(Food, Fox Business and the HD RSN's available now)

Most of the channels I watch are now in HD or will be "soon".

If any one with kids gets a chance, watch something like Cars, Monster House or Open Season in HD....Looks Great.

I watch AMC & FMC a lot so that's what I want. Alas...no plans for either. I'm really surprised that CNBC came before MSNBC and that there are no announced plans for MSNBC either.

FX will be good ...Nick...and Cartoon Net too!!

indeed Cartoon network i'v been waiting for since the start.. They better bring it out next wednesday if they are bringing out 12 channels and they only have 7 channels listed then i am going to assume so.of course most of thouse will probably be more sports stuff

I wouldn't be surprised if FX launches HD in time to correspond with the new season of Nip/Tuck.. one of my favorite shows that is unfortunately showing more and more signs that it jumped the shark last season..:eek:

Are the cartoon channels really worth being broadcast in HD?

I mean, will cartoons actually be in HD, or will just the picture quality better? None of the Fox cartoons (Simpsons, KotH, Family Guy) are in HD, are they?

I look at Cartoon Network like I look at most of the Sci Fi schedule so far...it's not real HD, but it's a whole lot better PQ than the standard definition. I have to watch a bunch of it with my son, at least I'll get the best picture possible.

Heck, I would campaign for Boomerang HD, but I probably wouldn't make it out of the forum alive...:)

I look at Cartoon Network like I look at most of the Sci Fi schedule so far...it's not real HD, but it's a whole lot better PQ than the standard definition. I have to watch a bunch of it with my son, at least I'll get the best picture possible.

Heck, I would campaign for Boomerang HD, but I probably wouldn't make it out of the forum alive...:)

Heck, what about TVLand in HD. It's possible, even though it would be 4:3 HD. :)

Yes yes! We want them all! We'll get them all, someday.

Just as every channel today is capable of color even if it runs mostly b/w programming (such as TCM,) every channel someday will be HD even if it runs mostly 4:3 or SD. It will be the standard thing, no big deal.

People probably once asked "Meet the Press in color? Huntley-Brinkley in color? Why?"

i'm not real sure huntley-brinkley was ever in color. i know david brinkley continued doing the news after chet huntley's death and it was in color.

I'd be with you on that one... my son watches it all the time, and I think the old stuff on there is way better than the new crap on Cartoon Network...

Heck, what about TVLand in HD. It's possible, even though it would be 4:3 HD. :)

Well, I haven't been all that happy with TVLand for the last couple of years, since they ignore anything that isn't a sitcom and their idea of classic is 5 to 10 years old. I miss shows like Emergency, Get Smart, Dragnet, Adam 12, Man from UNCLE, The FBI, The Fugitive, and stuff like that which we will probably NEVER see on TVLand again. Can't invest in ALL the DVDs I would want.

That being said, it would be nice if the channels like TVLand, Boomerang, and Hallmark that show the old tv shows would be in HD. But if they light them up before the RSNs, I am sure a mob with pitchforks and torches would show up at my house for even suggesting it.

I want spike in hd to watch UFC and i'd also like a few more hd ppv channels while the blue ray, hd dvd saga continues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts