New HD Channels for 10/17/07

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't hold your breath for those two... Only way is and will be CVC.

I'm not holding my breath, but both MSGHD and FSNYHD were up when the engineering list of D10 channels was leaked.

Both of these channels will be coming to DBS providers. Its just a matter of time.

There's a lot of pressure from the sports leagues to open up the 'cable exclusives'.

The MLB/NBA/NHL all want to provide all of their games in HD on their premium packages.

I also vaguely remember that cable companies can only have these exclusives for a limited amount of time before having to open it up to other providers.

Looks like time may be up for the exclusivity on those 2 RSNs.

My guess is they'll be up by the start of the NBA season.

Last edited:
you're killing me Sco, spill the beans already. :)

Sorry - I can only say what I can say, and when I can say it. I don't want to lose my inside source. He has obviously been very reliable, and is not willing to risk his employment so that info known to very few gets leaked here.

OK?

It would be very timely for Cleveland if we would get FSN-OH HD and STO-HD.

Go Tribe!

At this point it would only give you HD Pre/Post game shows.... which are probably much better than the national FOX, but still they're only pre/post game shows. In your shoes I'd be hoping to get it in time for the WS Victory parade!!

For now start packing you thermal underwear for the trip to Denver.

not a tribe fan...... but hell, GO TRIBE!!!:up

Sorry - I can only say what I can say, and when I can say it. I don't want to lose my inside source. He has obviously been very reliable, and is not willing to risk his employment so that info known to very few gets leaked here.

OK?

how about i trek it out to nassau for an isles game and you share your MSG/FSNNY secrets with me over a cold beer?

I'm not holding my breath, but both MSGHD and FSNYHD were up when the engineering list of D10 channels was leaked.

Both of these channels will be coming to DBS providers. Its just a matter of time.

There's a lot of pressure from the sports leagues to open up the 'cable exclusives'.

The MLB/NBA/NHL all want to provide all of their games in HD on their premium packages.

I also vaguely remember that cable companies can only have these exclusives for a limited amount of time before having to open it up to other providers.

Looks like time may be up for the exclusivity on those 2 RSNs.

My guess is they'll be up by the start of the NBA season.

Realistically.... if they lit-up tomorrow, what would you get to watch? NBA training camp? The earliest and most meaningless NHL games of the season? High school football? Right now you aren't missing much.

i want the buffalo sabres home games in hd. They are currently broadcasted on twc buffalo.

What 2 channels came on today and what are their channel numbers?

Fox Sports Net Midwest (channel 647-1) and Fox Sports Net Pittsburgh (channel 628).

OK?

Scott,

do not mean to be rude but this was posted in October 2006 (a year ago) and you commented on it and yet no msghd

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-hd-discussions/78354-msg-fsn-hd.html

Don't you think that your source could be misleading... it has been a year since you posted to be patient and yet no msghd. At one point or another something has to give ;)

Realistically.... if they lit-up tomorrow, what would you get to watch? NBA training camp? The earliest and most meaningless NHL games of the season? High school football? Right now you aren't missing much.

I never thought I was missing anything. I was just challenging the "only on CV" comment made by another poster.

AFAIK, they get lit when they get lit. I suspect it will be in time for the NBA season.

The only thing I'd be watching is the odd Ranger game when I have the time to tune in.

FWIW...there must be a reason the MSGHD logo is displayed prominently on the DirecTV homepage....

Scott,

do not mean to be rude but this was posted in October 2006 (a year ago) and you commented on it and yet no msghd

Don't you think that your source could be misleading... it has been a year since you posted to be patient and yet no msghd. At one point or another something has to give ;)

I am not in any way taking you to be rude in asking me this stuff.

Since the overwhelming bulk of info I get from this guy is so RIGHT ON, I can't imagine a scenario where he would be misleading me on just 2 specific channels. He told me just 2 weeks ago that they are indeed coming on DirecTV. I see no reason to question him - he is only relaying info to me that crosses his desk - I have never asked him specifically about either of these channels either.

Take today for example - he told me Monday that there would be 2 RSNs being added - it was right on. He told me that 12 channels were being added on 10/3 and was dead on (MHD added 10/4 due to a tech issue). There is only 1 other channel that he mentioned to me as being turned on that hasn't happened yet - OUT. And funny, Scott G got the exact same info. So - things change. But I also see as confirmation that they are using the MSG-HD logo on their ads, and I know they wouldn't do that unless they had an agreement to do so - use of an unauthorized logo is an infringement of the copyright laws, and CABLEVISION wouild sue them in an instant if they did that I am sure.

I take the info I get at face value from this person.

So let me poke-check here for a second, is that one last station you've heard about involve frequent flying pucks? Equivelent to a new channel started on E* this afternoon, please?

Scobuck, without naming specific channels, I was wondering if you heard whether the "Christmas Wednesday" phenomenom is continuing with the remaining channels? Or will it just be random launch dates based on when rights and contracts are completed now that the October goal has been reached? I was quite surprised that channels like Sci Fi HD, Toon, and Speed were lit so early, so I am thinking that even if channels like Bio and Disney might not be prepared to be "full" HD channels, they might launch soon. I don't pretend to know whether the business model of "a few every Wednesday" is more advantageous for technical, legal, or marketing reasons, but I love that "Christmas Morning" feeling...

i was told by a supervisor who personally called me sunday and monday evenings because of a problem i'm having, is that there will be a few channels added every week (probably wednesday) into next year.

it sounded like directv might be adding like 2 rsn's to conus until they are all added. this is in addition to the other channels launching.

through all of the years i have had directv (on and off), i have never had anyone call me, talk to me for over 30 minutes and attempt to answer all my questions. while i will not go to the bank here, i have no reason to doubt this person yet....especially consider i will receive a phone call sunday night to check again on my problem.

Last edited:
i heard last night from a directv supervisor that we have probably gotten our hd channels this week until next wednesday. sounds like the plan is to continue launching a few new rsn's (and other hd channels) every week into next year.

ice:

Please don't take this as a knock, but the real truth is that not everyone at DirecTV (even supervisors) have access to the 'go list'. It is tightly held within only one department at DirecTV. They are very cautious to try and prevent its leakage. People with access are typically NOT going to share 30 minutes with a stranger about it.

Do you know what department and at what location this supervisor is in? Because if its Customer Service, they do NOT get that list. They generally speak from whatever the 'gossip' they hear is.

This contact would have known for sure that there were going to be RSNS added today if he(she) had direct access to the info. I am guessing this person is no better than 3rd hand from the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Black HD Dvr

Master List of HD channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)