New HD channels on Dish 1000?,,,,,,,,,,,,

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
Just changed my viewing to the Everything Pack. (To save a few dollars per month) I talked to the tech guy at E* and he said that if I wanted the 622 in the future and the new HD channels, I would have to have the Dish 1000. I already have a Dish 500 for 110/119, and a Dish 500 pointing to 61.5 (For the VOOM channels mostly) These are connected to 2 DP-34's in my basement to a 942, a 510 and an 811. Will I have to get the Dish 1000, because the guy said that the new HD channels are only going to be on 129? I probably will have to get a DP-44 too. I haven't seen anything on this yet. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Lyle

No, you'll be fine with either 61.5 or 129. Now if they put HD locals on 129, that will be a different story, but when they get around to that it will likely be placed on 110

I feel better now............

Thanks for the comment. I thought that 129 would be mirrored to 61.5, and I asked the guy about that and he said that, no, it isn't. He said that 61.5 would only have foreign channels. (At least he spoke somewhat correct English, that I could understand most of what he said) I also asked about the "Platinum" package with the 622. I told him I am going to wait until April to purchase the 622 and then I would go with that package. He said that when I get the 622, they would have to put in the Dish 1000 at the same time, to save some money, and thats the only way that I would get the new channels. I guess that he was selling 1000's with the metalic packages. (He did have to go ask his supervisor 3 times about questions I had) Although, he did have some issues with what was available, the conversation was easy to understand, and the Everything pac is now on the TV's. So I guess I can be happy that it went as well as it did.
Lyle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts