New HD channels with unique situation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
5 sats is a pain to do and I'm not good explaining it but here goes! I have a Dish 1000+ and a 1000.4, 110, 119, 129 and 61.5 go into the DPP44. 118 goes into a DP Splitter first, those 2 outputs go into the Sat 2 input on both DP21s (You need a DP21 for each TUNER, and I have a VIP722). Also you need to use 2 outs on the DPP44 as the DP21 is not a pro plus switch (so the DPP Separator will not work). So you need two outs, one into both DP21's Sat 1 input. Then the outs of both DP21's go into your receiver (2 tuners = 2 separate lines ran into your house) I already have cable for my internet, so I just used a Diplexer to piggyback the second line i needed. Here's a ghetto visual example LOL

DPP44 (110, 119, 129, 61.5)
\/
Output
1 -> DP21 (Sat 1 Input)
2 -> DP21 (Sat 1 Input)

\/
DP Splitter
\/
DP21 (Sat 2 Input)
DP21 (Sat 2 Input)

Then both outputs to receiver :)

CHRIST...
ha! i was actually thinking there was a simpler way. i wont be doing this kind of install for anybody, anytime soon. they can stick with 4 sats.
edit: now, i have seen installs with a sw21 trunked as a sat input into a dpp 44. why wouldnt this work in your situation?

CHRIST...
ha! i was actually thinking there was a simpler way. i wont be doing this kind of install for anybody, anytime soon. they can stick with 4 sats.
edit: now, i have seen installs with a sw21 trunked as a sat input into a dpp 44. why wouldnt this work in your situation?

SW21? You mean DP21? I highly doubt a legacy switch would work, it would have to be Pro or Pro Plus. If you have a single tuner receiver, such as the VIP211k, you wouldn't need the DP Splitter, and would only need one DP21. Output of DPP44 into a DP21, then the 5th sat into the DP21 as well.

SW21? You mean DP21? I highly doubt a legacy switch would work, it would have to be Pro or Pro Plus. If you have a single tuner receiver, such as the VIP211k, you wouldn't need the DP Splitter, and would only need one DP21. Output of DPP44 into a DP21, then the 5th sat into the DP21 as well.

right.
and yes i meant dp 21
but i was thinking dp 21 (2 sats) into sat port of dpp 44.
that could work too right?

This is what I just went thru. I have one DISH 500 pointed at 110/119 and the other 500 pointed at 61.5/72.7 all connected thru a DPP44.

Ok... now you've thrown something else into the mix.
Your Dish 500 that's pointed at 61.5/72.7... Did you install this yourself or did a technician pick this set up? How is your signal strength with this set up?
I'm thinking the signal would be better with a 1000.4, than a Dish 500.

Ok... now you've thrown something else into the mix.
Your Dish 500 that's pointed at 61.5/72.7... Did you install this yourself or did a technician pick this set up? How is your signal strength with this set up?
I'm thinking the signal would be better with a 1000.4, than a Dish 500.

I had an installer do it. I had to pay him to do it rather than go thru DISH for the same reason as the OP (moving). The signal strength is good enough.... maybe about 5 to 10 points lower than using a single dish for each satellite... I've had no rain fade with the last couple of storms that went thru.

My installer had never done a 500 for 61/77 so I got the skew, azimuth and elevation for him here: http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Choose Dual satellite, Satellite 1 is Echostar 3 (61.5), Satellite 2 is AMC 6 (72.7), check zip code box and then put in your zip code. Print results and it's like lining up a 500 for 110/119.

OK lets get this straight.
You want to receive the New HD channel correct?

OK as everyone said Yes you Need a 1000.4
The 1000.4 does the 61.5,72.7,and 77.
It also as a 4th input for another satellite.
The dish LNB also has single wire for up to 3 dual tuner receivers , without the use of a DPP44 switch.
So why do you want to keep the DPP44 switch hooked up?
And Why do you want the 110/119 still?

I had an installer do it. I had to pay him to do it rather than go thru DISH for the same reason as the OP (moving). The signal strength is good enough.... maybe about 5 to 10 points lower than using a single dish for each satellite... I've had no rain fade with the last couple of storms that went thru.

My installer had never done a 500 for 61/77 so I got the skew, azimuth and elevation for him here: http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Choose Dual satellite, Satellite 1 is Echostar 3 (61.5), Satellite 2 is AMC 6 (72.7), check zip code box and then put in your zip code. Print results and it's like lining up a 500 for 110/119.

I appreciate the info. Learn something new every day. I still think I'll go with 1000.4. I want the best possible reception that I can get. Even though the Dish 500 would save me some cash.

OK lets get this straight.
You want to receive the New HD channel correct?

OK as everyone said Yes you Need a 1000.4
The 1000.4 does the 61.5,72.7,and 77.
It also as a 4th input for another satellite.
The dish LNB also has single wire for up to 3 dual tuner receivers , without the use of a DPP44 switch.
So why do you want to keep the DPP44 switch hooked up?
And Why do you want the 110/119 still?

I guess I want to keep 119/110 cause I'm a creature of habit. And after being a Dish customer for 15 years, I'm pretty sure somewhere down the road, they will add a channel to 110/119 that is not available elsewhere. And I get an awesome signal on 110/119.
Also, I want to keep my DDP44 switch because that is in my centralized location for all wiring in the house (OTA, CCTV, Internet, Ethernet, Electric, Phone, Security System). If anything, it's like my Dish Network junction box. My house is only 5 years old, everything is still nice and neat and I want to keep it that way.

Last edited:
I use 5 sats for the following:
110/119 -- AAD Distant Nets
129 -- HD
118.7 -- Eurochannel
61.5 -- Extra RSN's with multi-sports pack

Sometimes I swap out 61.5 for 77 if I want to "move" to one of the cities that has locals on there :)
If I could do 6 sats, I'd have 72 on them for MPEG4 SD :D

Last edited:
129 -- HD
118.7 -- Eurochannel

Sometimes I swap out 61.5 for 77 if I want to "move" to one of the cities that has locals on there :)
That is the exact reason that I'll probably point to 77 (in addition to 61.5 & 72.7).
That way if I want, I can disconect 119 or 110 from my DDP44 then screw in the wire for 77.

Charlotte NC

129 -- HD
118.7 -- Eurochannel

If I could do 6 sats, I'd have 72 on them for MPEG4 SD :D

Why do you need AAD aren't you in Charlotte's spotbeam? I would ck TP 11 on 61.5 and see if you have SS w/spotbeam indication showing on your receiver.

I have one more question. I've already decided that I'm going to purchase a 1000.4.

But, I was wondering if the OTA program guide info also comes from 61.5/72.7/77.
I'm greedy. In addition to getting Philly locals from Dish, I also receive Baltimore and Washington OTA. I don't want to lose my OTA guide info.

DC OTA is from 61.5, with guide. I'm rather sure 72.7 has the full 9 day EPG.

DC OTA is from 61.5, with guide. I'm rather sure 72.7 has the full 9 day EPG.

If DC shows up on 61.5, I guess Balt will too.
I'm not worried about the 'Dish' cahannel info. I'm surethat will come through.
Thanks!

Changing subjects again. I'll bet within 5 years, HD locals will be on 77 instead of 61.5.

Let me know if anyone takes that bet. I've been trying to unload this bridge..... ;)

LOL!!! In my 15 years with Dish... my Philly local have been on 110.
Then some of them went to 129. Then all went to 110 again.
Then some went to 61.5.
Then HD came along. And the 5 Philly HD locals went on 61.5.
But Philly SD is on 110 and 61.5.
It seems like I have to change something every few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)