New HD Channels?

Tbs-hd

I'm tict off they didn't add TBS-HD in time of today's ALDS game.
Any news that they're going to add TBS-HD before the next ALDS game or when ever?????

No-TBS HD

I got an email from a programming/content person @ V* a couple of days ago and it said that TBS-HD is not happening for the playoffs. I don't believe that we V* subs will get much new HD this year other than a channel or two....this is an opinion, but the no-TBSHD is fact.

That's my fear- sure, maybe (maybe) we'll get a couple HD channels this year but nothing like what Dish and Direct are doing in their competition. I mean, I just can't imagine turning the TV and poof we have 20 new HD channels.

Yeah, the dvr isn't the greatest, but it works okay, and yeah the PQ is awesome, but come on VZ, let's get into the game here! I don't understand the hush-mouth strategy. No info at all just seems like dumb marketing to me especially when the competition brags about it! Strange.

Maybe the same people that run the customer service and billing run the marketing as well. Yikes!

WTF? What is going on with FiOS. With all these carriers starting to add HD content left and right, where is Verizon? Went on vac. up in Destin, FL and even Cox up there added TBS-HD to their line-up just in time for the MLB playoffs. Who has already gone to DirecTv for their new HD channels? Not only did they add their first 21 channels, about a week later they added on 11 more. Unlimited bandwidth from Verizon may no longer be their selling point, I want more HD!!!!!:mad:

VZ slow to play the HD game

The thing that makes their slowness more tolerable is that there's isn't a whole lot that we're missing. Yes, I know the playoffs are on, but overall, it's not like there's a waterfall of HD flowing....channels, yes, but not the content. VZ will get there....but if D*'s stock wants to keep going up, that's fine too.

We VZ people should just hope that Chuck Norris is a FiOS sub and that he will tear off enough people's arms and legs to get the ball rolling. Remember....Chuck Norris doesn't subscribe to cable, satellite, or fios.....they subscribe to him.:cool:

I don't have a HD TV so I can't be a judge of this, but last night on channel 502 it said the game was TBS HD? Today all the shows show just regular programming; not sure what that was about. In the description it clearly said HD.

I don't have a HD TV so I can't be a judge of this, but last night on channel 502 it said the game was TBS HD? Today all the shows show just regular programming; not sure what that was about. In the description it clearly said HD.

A lot of shows say that they are available in HD but that does not mean that they are currently being broadcast in HD. If you were tuned to any channel below 800 then the show ws being broadcast in SD.

What's with all the complaining??!!

I can't believe all the complaining going on here. I saw so many people in the beginning so HAPPY to jump over to FIOS and get away from D*. So what's the problem now? Can't handle anything with problems? Why don't you just calm down and give it some time? I mean, they have only been active for what, 2 years now. I am very happy with my FIOS and could care less that D* has 20 new HD channels. Most of them are pay channels or channels i would never watch anyway, so who gives a rats @$$.

They should be embarrased

I can't believe all the complaining going on here. I saw so many people in the beginning so HAPPY to jump over to FIOS and get away from D*. So what's the problem now? Can't handle anything with problems? Why don't you just calm down and give it some time? I mean, they have only been active for what, 2 years now. I am very happy with my FIOS and could care less that D* has 20 new HD channels. Most of them are pay channels or channels i would never watch anyway, so who gives a rats @$$.

Kev, the issue that a lot of people have, including myself, is that Fios WAS a good deal. They provided as much HD and better picture quality as the sat providers. Now, Direct is offering a lot more HD, even non premium. This makes Fios not so good a deal. What is even worse is that Fios has much more capability to serve additional channels and both sat providers have beat them to the punch.

Yes, they are only 2 years old, and yes there are some problems. BUT,,,, delivering channels is the whole name of the game. I can excuse their sloppy recievers and horrible software. I can excuse the god awful billing issues. I can even excuse some delay in getting competative channels. I cannot excuse no communication on if and when they will get additional channels. I cannot excuse NOT getting at least some of the additional channels the other guys are getting.

I mean, how bad have they pissed off the affiliates to get themselves into this position. Do the sat companies have that much more money or clout to get this bad a jump on the cable providers? I mean, really. Isn't Verizon one of the largest providers in the world? It would stand to reason that they would have a staff of lawyers working deals to feed as much content as possible so that they do not get embarrased by the sat companies. And at this point they should be very embarrased.:yikes

Then if it's that bad for you, get off the pot and go back to your old service. Why continue with FIOS if you are not happy with it. Just dont come whining back to FIOS when D* doubles their price on you and FIOS still has the same outstanding picture. I just hooked up D* at my father's house and still would rather put up with FIOS that whatever D* is dishing out.

Then if it's that bad for you, get off the pot and go back to your old service. Why continue with FIOS if you are not happy with it. Just dont come whining back to FIOS when D* doubles their price on you and FIOS still has the same outstanding picture. I just hooked up D* at my father's house and still would rather put up with FIOS that whatever D* is dishing out.

I still have their internet which is very good, but did drop there tv as it wasn't that good and Fios is in the same position as cable in running out of room , Verizon FiOS Programming - Master topic! - Page 156 - AVS Forum. Fios on SD channels are a bit better than D*, but D* new HD looks a little better then Fios HD so it evens out for me anyways. My grandma loves Fios but she isn't picky about tv.:)

Kev, not sure why you have such an attitude. Either you work for Verizon or you are just a non friendly kind of guy.:( I, as well as others, have used this forum to air what we believe are problems with a young, growing service. We, and I do include all that have comented, believe that this is one of our only ways to reach the Verizon folks with what I/we consider constructive critisism.

I am not sure that you comprehend the objective of forums like this one. They are a place to discuss problems and air out problems in order to help better the situation for all. It's fine if you wish to sugar coat your experiences but others looking to install the service along with those that have already installed need a way to communicate, or at least feel that they are able to communicate, issues. Perhaps Verizon is not looking at our comments, but perhaps they are. In any case, it should be no skin off of your back if we complain about what we believe are short comings.

Yes, we can switch to another provider. Yes, we could also turn off our sets completely and never watch TV again. We also have the right to complain when we don't get what we want and/or when something we pay for is not living up to current standards. You also have the right to insult and berate us, but I really don't see what purpose that serves other than to make people think you have some hidden agenda. My recommendation: Keep your personal comments to yourself. If you have a problem with Verizon or a compliment about them, print it. If you have a problem with another poster, keep it to yourself as comments in that area serve no purpose.:eureka

I still have their internet which is very good, but did drop there tv as it wasn't that good
Same here. All the Vz TV fanboys kept telling me to just get rid of the service if I really didn't like it that much. And that's just what I did. :D

Not a day goes by that I don't regret my decision. No more missed DVR recordings, DVR reboots, incorrect program guide info, etc. No more, I say! And to boot, I get to keep that extra $85 every month. No way I'm paying to be a beta tester of their TV 2.0 DVR cr*p. :mad:

-John

Garland, you have done nothing BUT complain since you joined this forum. That's all I ever see in your posts. I could care less what you think about my posts or whether you read them. Just as you post your opinions, I post mine. I simply don't agree with all the complaining from people who jump band-wagons and then aren't happy because they dont get their way immediately. I simply stated my opinion, you don't like, that's your preference, but it has nothing to do with who or where I work. It also doesn't mean I am not a friendly guy but I do get irritated from people accusing me and who don't know me. You wanna complain about Verizon, go ahead, but keep your opinions about me to yourself.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret my decision. No more missed DVR recordings, DVR reboots, incorrect program guide info, etc. No more, I say! And to boot, I get to keep that extra $85 every month. No way I'm paying to be a beta tester of their TV 2.0 DVR cr*p. :mad:

-John

I'm pretty close behind you; I mean, I believe you and I have been with FIOS pretty much from the start (at least I have been) and certainly put up with a lot for the great PQ. But I'm just about to fly the coop as well.

The only thing holding me back at this point is I'm afraid of the hassle with dropping FIOStv... I mean, I've experienced too many billing nightmares with them and assume this will be another. Did it go smoothly? Have they officially stopped billing you? Did you keep the internet and phone (I dropped the phone which spun me into the first nightmare with them)?

The only thing holding me back at this point is I'm afraid of the hassle with dropping FIOStv... I mean, I've experienced too many billing nightmares with them and assume this will be another. Did it go smoothly? Have they officially stopped billing you? Did you keep the internet and phone (I dropped the phone which spun me into the first nightmare with them)?
Well, I was the first with FiOS in my neighborhood. :)

Canceling went easy. They terminate your video that evening (I asked to be disconnected the same day) and mail you a label. You take your boxes to the UPS store with the label, and they box it up and ship it out. They give you 30 days to do so.

So far no billing problems. I currently have a $22 credit because they pre-bill you for the month, so when you cancel you get the remainder of the month back in credits.

I kept phone and internet as well. But I wasn't on any triple play deal (I was grandfathered into the old old price scheme of $35/mo for TV).

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts