New HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joedekock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
West Michigan
Its been fairly quiet around these forums as far as any progress on adding any new HD channels. I know the MPEG4 upgrade is rolling out in other DMA's, however, on the Dish Forums they are hailing the fact that they are getting ESPN2HD in January, along with more of the Voom Channels? E* seems to have a little space left for these channels before they roll out their MPEG4 (which is supposed to be seen by the Public at CES in January), but what about D*? I would suspect that we could add at least TNTHD as long as D* has everything worked out with TNT. Has anyone heard anything on this?

Also they are telling us D* subscribers to eat crow because they have better Picture Quality than us. I didn't think that D* is overly compressing their channels until they look bad. I watch most College Basketball games on ESPNHD and have been very impressed by the PQ. HBOHD looks great as well. I don't know what they are talking about. :confused:

Well the soonest anything for D* can do anything would be after Sunday Ticket. There was a post a while back which talked about a few possibilities of some new HD channels in January. Since January is approaching very quickly it would certainly be nice to hear some more info about D*s plans to get everyone some more HD, especially with E* getting ready for a big HD launch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)