New HD-DVD Owner

Dish Roamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
All,
Well I made the purchase today and am patiently waiting to go home and get it hooked up to my projector. I also picked up Aeon Flux.

Wayne

Dish Roamer said:
All,
Well I made the purchase today and am patiently waiting to go home and get it hooked up to my projector. I also picked up Aeon Flux.

Wayne

Aeon Flux is the best looking but very bad HD DVD movie, but it is great for demos.

I picked up a HD DVD player on Saturday. :)

Question is the remote supposed to light up? Mine does not and its hard to find stuff when its dark on the remote.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I picked up a HD DVD player on Saturday. :)
Welcome to the club! :D

Question is the remote supposed to light up? Mine does not and its hard to find stuff when its dark on the remote.
Only with HD-XA1.
The remote is pretty much useless since it can't control the AV receiver. Use Harmony instead!

Ilya said:

Only with HD-XA1.
The remote is pretty much useless since it can't control the AV receiver. Use Harmony instead!

A Harmony remote is my next purchase....................If I can get it into the house without my wife clubing me with it.:)

Wayne

No light on the remote for the HD-A1. I think the HD-XA1 does tho.

As for Aeon Flux, its PQ is amazing! Unlike most others, I actually enjoyed the movie. Not great, but not a waste of time either. :)

-John

jgantert said:
No light on the remote for the HD-A1. I think the HD-XA1 does tho.

As for Aeon Flux, its PQ is amazing! Unlike most others, I actually enjoyed the movie. Not great, but not a waste of time either. :)

-John

I am growing impatient to get this thing home. A couple of weeks ago I watched Full Metal Jacket and Jarhead at my friends house on a 60" DLP. I was sold.

Wayne

Dish Roamer said:
I am growing impatient to get this thing home. A couple of weeks ago I watched Full Metal Jacket and Jarhead at my friends house on a 60" DLP. I was sold.
Well, if you were sold after watching Full Metal Jacket, just wait until you see Aeon Flux! ;)

Dish Roamer said:
You might want to pick up We Were Soldiers. I'm not really into war movies, but I watched it last night, and it was pretty good PQ as well. Very violent and lots and lots of blood splatter and cool sounding copter flyovers! :)

-John

jgantert said:
You might want to pick up We Were Soldiers. I'm not really into war movies, but I watched it last night, and it was pretty good PQ as well. Very violent and lots and lots of blood splatter and cool sounding copter flyovers! :)

-John

Will do. I think I am going to have to join Netflix.

Wayne

Dish Roamer said:
Will do. I think I am going to have to join Netflix.

Wayne
Does Toshiba still offer a free month of NetFlix with each player? There should be a sticker on the box.

Ilya said:

Only with HD-XA1.

Amazon has a fairly good price on the Harmony 628 (53.49) & free shipping. Don't suppose there is any known code to get the Dish remote to work the hd-a1?

I got tired of hitting the wrong buttons and just put labeling tape with abbreviations above the essential keys. Learned to stay away from the top left column of buttons ... too easy to move off 1080i inadvertently. It took me about an hour to figure out why the picture wasn't as good as it was before.

Last edited:
I controll my TV, receiver, Dish 811, A/V switch and Toshiba A1 with my Harmony 880. Found that all the codes were on the harmony site. It is great to have just one remote to work with... and my wife bought it for me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)