New HD-DVR comes out (post what YOU were told)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nhlfan79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I think we need a master thread where people can post release dates they were told by CSR's for the new HR20. Of course, I already know that what a CSR says means nothing, so a side-by-side comparison might be humorous if nothing else.

Yesterday, a CSR in Retention told me September 1.

Fall 2006 has been the prevailing word; but really, why restart this same old question that always leads to flames and is already in 50 other threads?

7/6/06 - Installer told me "November"
(Also told "26 new HD channels by end of August")

7/15/06 - High Definition tech support told me "end of August"
(Also told me there is no software update for the HR10-250's coming)

I think never. I have just given up on trying to figure out and would rather be suprised when it finally comes out.

ebonovic said:
My Contact: "Commercial Introduction" In August 2006
Of course that depends on how you define "Commercial Introduction."

That could mean they provide a working model to reviewers or release a very limited number to select dealers. Remember, Robert from VE had a working HR10-250 a couple of months before they shipped.

I would not expect to see it my local BB.

charper1 said:
but really, why restart this same old question that always leads to flames and is already in 50 other threads?

thank you!!!!
leave it to a newbie to start a thread like this...it should be closed...

rabi said:
thank you!!!!
leave it to a newbie to start a thread like this...it should be closed...

Oh, go bugger off. Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I'm a newbie. I've been lurking here for nearly two years and know damn well what the current status of the HR20 is. "Fall." Duh.

Besides, maybe you should practice reading comprehension. Read my original post again. I never asked to start a new speculation thread, and I wasn't asking anyone for definitive release information (which obviously isn't available). Far from it. Once again, I thought it might be interesting/humorous to see all the different answers D* CSRs recently have been providing. That's it. Simple enough.

Keep your self-riteousness to yourself next time. It's people like you that bring down the quality of these forums.

Edit: I just noted that Rabi has fewer posts even than me, and signed up almost a full year later than I did. Freakin' newbie.

I just got off the phone with D* customer service and they told me end of August or the first of September. It should be on a Monday??? is what I was told.

I was told today that it is going to be Fall '06. Then she said possibly in September.

Doesn't matter to me as I am having Time Warner installed on the 31st of July and giving Directv the boot. I can get digital cable TV, Road Runner and digital phone and FOUR HD DVR's for 40 dollars less per month than I can with Direct. Direct is simply becoming a pig.

jabroni said:
I was told today that it is going to be Fall '06. Then she said possibly in September.

Maybe she isn't sure what fiscal season Sept falls into; LOL and tried to correct herself.

Doesn't matter to me as I am having Time Warner installed on the 31st of July and giving Directv the boot. I can get digital cable TV, Road Runner and digital phone and FOUR HD DVR's for 40 dollars less per month than I can with Direct. Direct is simply becoming a pig.

With my own separated selections of VoIP, cellular, DBS and ISP I save even over bundling's non-promo prices (which is the fair comparison). I also do not want one company handling all my services at once.

ebonovic said:
My Contact: "Commercial Introduction" In August 2006

ALL the $hill$ in the house go hhhoooo!!!!, hhhhoooooo! and stop praising and hiding facts

jabroni said:

TWC will charge you for each DVR not just one fee. I hope you got something on paper with that price. They are more expensive then DTV

I was told no later than summer of 2007 and if I'm really good, maybe spring. But who needs it, if you miss CD USA just catch it the next time.

Why this thread? Trying to wish rumors and missinformation from CSR's into reality? Why not start a thread based on facts. I for one do not have time to sift through pages of rumors looking for some truth.

vurbano said:
Why this thread? Trying to wish rumors and missinformation from CSR's into reality? Why not start a thread based on facts. I for one do not have time to sift through pages of rumors looking for some truth.

Yet here you are.....:what

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)