Signal Strenth of H20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I just hooked up my H20 and the signal strenth is much lower than my SD recievers. I get the 90's on my SD recievers and 70's on the H20. Is this normal?

damaged said:
Yes, it's normal for the H20s, it just calculates it differently, the actual signal strength is the same.

Thanks I did a quick search of the form and saw this was normal. With a two year commit I got a little scared.

arxaw said:
Yes. The meter reads lower, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with your H20.

Thanks. I wonder what D* will do when some customers might get treed out through no fault of their own or D* during that two years. It's not like other services where they can assure they can get their service to you.

When I do the installation I put all receivers on channel 201 for customer education untill I am done. So these people are sitting in the living room watching Directv lady explaining that "if signal on several transponders is below 70 you need a service call"..........And here I am checking my transponders in front of a customer and they all show 70s and some even lower .........so my customers is looking at me very suspiciously thinking I am a bad installer...........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)