New HD in August?

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I was wondering if there has been any news about new HD in August on Dish. I know that in the middle of last month BBC America, QVC, and Discovery ID were rumoured to be coming.
In one of Scott's MultiChannel News articles he mentioned that August should be an "interesting" month in DBS.
I was just wondering if there were any updates?

I was wondering if there has been any news about new HD in August on Dish. I know that in the middle of last month BBC America, QVC, and Discovery ID were rumoured to be coming.
In one of Scott's MultiChannel News articles he mentioned that August should be an "interesting" month in DBS.
I was just wondering if there were any updates?

No official updates or announcements. Just wait as usual.

I think maybe the new NFL channel might be coming, too. It makes sense for Dish to get it, and they're monkeying around with channels around 154.

I hope so. I think that everyone who wants it should go to E*'s webpage and request it, so the company knows there is a demand.

I had a bunch of documents on stuff moving around and changes being made and then got an update that some of those moves were put on hold. it was specified in these documents that the moves and changes was to make room for additional national HD.

No guess when we will see them. I do know that some channels are up in testing, but when they will flip the switch is now anyones guess.

I had a bunch of documents on stuff moving around and changes being made and then got an update that some of those moves were put on hold. it was specified in these documents that the moves and changes was to make room for additional national HD.

No guess when we will see them. I do know that some channels are up in testing, but when they will flip the switch is now anyones guess.
You haven't heard anything either way on the RedZone channel?

I have heard nothing... but that would be a good one and would squish the call for Dish to get the NFL Sunday Ticket since it now shows you the best action from the games as it happens.

I have heard nothing... but that would be a good one and would squish the call for Dish to get the NFL Sunday Ticket since it now shows you the best action from the games as it happens.

I agree. I think E* would be foolish if they didn't jump all over this one.

I was hoping for AMC HD before Mad Men. It's just not the same in standard def :(

I agree Mad Men and Breaking Bad are both some of my favorite shows, however, regarding the relationship between E* and Cablevision, I think we would have better luck sh*tting in one hand and wanting in the other than getting AMC in HD soon.

Some of you should consider proofreading.

Satellite Guys has an amazing new feature called "the Edit Button". :eek:

If you want to be a mod (which is pretty obvious), you should send your application to Scott.

Scott, can you refresh what is in test, or point me in the right direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts