New HD in August?

That would assume that they know what "PROOFREADING" is. There's times I want to call the grammar police. Some don't know the difference between there & their.

Why dont the two of you leave and start your own site, grammarguys.us, and spare us a little grief?

Nice to hijack a thread because you wish you were on staff.

Why dont the two of you leave and start your own site, grammarguys.us, and spare us a little grief?

grammar-nazi.jpg

That would assume that they know what "PROOFREADING" is. There's times I want to call the grammar police. Some don't know the difference between there & their.

By the way, not sure if this was done on purpose as a joke, but it should be: "There ARE times I want to call the grammar police" not "There IS times I want to call the grammar police."

OK guys back on topic. :)

(Reminds self to always use Firefox when posting as it puts those little red lines under words which have typos.) :D

(Reminds self to always use Firefox when posting as it puts those little red lines under words which have typos.) :D

I thought of that, but it would not have helped the particular sentence under discussion:

I was hoping for AMC HD before Mad Men.

since "before" is spelled correctly.

Unlike the assumption, I do not care whether people use correct grammar or spelling.

I always read what I just posted, because more than half the time, there is some sort of typo, and sometimes the post will say the opposite of what I mean. A few weeks ago, I did not have time to check the post, and ended up with "the game is subject to blackout" when I actually meant " the game is not subject to blackout", causing some confusion.

So, reading what you just posted is part of making a post.

I also click on any links that I have posted, to check whether they work...

If you want to be a mod (which is pretty obvious), you should send your application to Scott.

Nice to hijack a thread because you wish you were on staff.

What does this have to do with being a Mod, or "on staff"? I would never expect a Mod to hassle anyone about their grammar or spelling...that's not their job.

However, as a member, I would prefer to converse with people with a reasonable grasp on the English language. And, as kstuart pointed out, sometimes people post things that make no sense, or say the opposite of what they mean, even if they are spelled/punctuated correctly.

Whenever I read a grossly incorrect post, I just assume that person doesn't have anything worthwhile to say. I have a lot of people on ignore simply because they never write anything coherent.

I don't get along well with kstuart, but I'd rather argue constantly with someone who has all their faculties than have a friendly conversation with a complete dolt. I mean, everyone makes mistakes now and then (and that was probably the case in this thread), but the whole lose/loose thing is unforgivable. They aren't even homonyms.

um.

My sentence is fine.

"I was hoping for AMC HD before Mad Men."

I was treating "Mad Men" as an event.

As in "I was hoping (to receive) AMC HD before Mad Men ('s premiere)."

But it's cool. Keep on raging there, champ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts