New HD install, signal strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why would they need to peak the dish three times? If the skew on the dish is set properly for your area, peaking the 1000.2 within the right window just once will give you good signal strengths on all 3 satellites. That's how I install anyway...

Why would they need to peak the dish three times? If the skew on the dish is set properly for your area, peaking the 1000.2 within the right window just once will give you good signal strengths on all 3 satellites. That's how I install anyway...
Will you please come over and peak my dish for me? :D
I don't know what's up. They come and do work and go away. They peaked it and it works wonderfully for 110/119, but is virtually unusable for HD. Hopefully they'll remedy this situation on Saturday.

I do remember the installer saying something to the trainee about maybe having to tweak the skew a bit.

I Have the Dish Pro plus and I get 100% on 110 & 119, 129 took some tweaking to get to 75%. It is very touch pulling in 129, its a matter of 1/16 of an in movement to throw the signal off. If you go to this site and put in your dish type & zip it will give you all your settings for best results Satellite look-angle calculator It worked great for me! :)

I Have the Dish Pro plus and I get 100% on 110 & 119, 129 took some tweaking to get to 75%. It is very touch pulling in 129, its a matter of 1/16 of an in movement to throw the signal off. If you go to this site and put in your dish type & zip it will give you all your settings for best results Satellite look-angle calculator It worked great for me! :)

These kind of numbers sound like those from before the change in the meter scale on the HD receivers. Have you checked them lately?

They came and retuned the dish. I'm still getting approximately the same strength on 110/119 on the transponders that seem to be in use in my area. The 129 strength has gone up though. The transponders are showing anywhere from 38 - 55 now. The guy that came out said that this is about the best I'll see WITHOUT HAVING A SEPARATE DISH TO POINT AT 129.

It's still not ideal, but at least Cinemax and NHLHD don't cut out on cloudy days. Unfortunately those channels are on transponder 27, which seems to be the weakest one.

I peak it the same way. It's trial and error. The size of the antenna usually gives a good signal to all three slots without much tweaking. The old D-1000 was a pain. IMO the antenna was woefully undersized.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts