New HD is Available !

I just wonder at what point will Dish increase the price of the HD Only package. Why would anyone pay for the America's Top 250 plus an extra $20 for HD when they can pay $30 and have all the HD? Especially since you get all the SD channels as well that match the HD channels. The only thing left would be the Sirus music channels and a few religious and shopping channels that I don't watch.

Three threads on the same topic merged.

I second that motion. Fox especially is crap.

I know we're in the middle of nowhere but our locals here in Kalispell Montana (Missoula feed) are generally terrible. I watch about 50% networks - more while the NFL is in season - so - - - let's get some HD locals here in my lifetime.

Thanks, Dish for what you've done to date.

Mike

I second that motion. Fox especially is crap.

According to the March "Charlie Chat" map, Missoula, Great Falls, & Billings should go HD by the end of the year.
I am just happy to have a watchable SD version of the Great Falls locals since the OTA and Bresnan cable PQ were horrible and "D" doesn't have the locals at all (either SD or HD):)

Can someone please tell me why you can not purchase RSN's with the HD only package?
Thanks

All these new HD channels are great and all, but the picture quality sucks on most. I hope they somehow fix it when new sats are launched.

I just wonder at what point will Dish increase the price of the HD Only package. Why would anyone pay for the America's Top 250 plus an extra $20 for HD when they can pay $30 and have all the HD? Especially since you get all the SD channels as well that match the HD channels. The only thing left would be the Sirus music channels and a few religious and shopping channels that I don't watch.

Shhhh! Let's try to fly below the radar...:)

Yep, either way I could care less... though having a satellite for 20+ years with a BUD I was used to having E/W feeds then getting a DBS I became used to having only E feeds, which was great because you were able to see stuff 3 hours sooner than all your other friends.

I guess my arguments is it's wasted bandwidth to offer both east and west feeds. I realize there are people who don't have DVRs but I'd still argue that many who sub to E* and get or care about HD will probably have a DVR so having both E and W feeds are pointless... besides many channels are on a 3-6 hour rotation.

I don't have a DVR and don't want one. I do want, however, the movie channels I have in my time zone (West). How about we get rid of MAXE on only have MAXW, I would be fine with that, how about you?

im missing TWC, CNBC off the top of my head. I'll post the ones I don't get in a minute, I have it updating the guide to see if it helps

Yep, either way I could care less... though having a satellite for 20+ years with a BUD I was used to having E/W feeds then getting a DBS I became used to having only E feeds, which was great because you were able to see stuff 3 hours sooner than all your other friends.

I guess my arguments is it's wasted bandwidth to offer both east and west feeds. I realize there are people who don't have DVRs but I'd still argue that many who sub to E* and get or care about HD will probably have a DVR so having both E and W feeds are pointless... besides many channels are on a 3-6 hour rotation.

Even with DVR I want all East and West coast feed why---their are many times were I wanted to record from showtime starz hbo movie review etc with both feeds it makes it easier to set up my recordings.

This is a hugh advantage for D* and may tilt someone to them instead of dish.

I have AT 250 with HD essentials but SMITH, MGM AND WFN are still red. Any reason I don't get them? Online chat wrote they didn't have them!!!???

I have AT 250 with HD essentials but SMITH, MGM AND WFN are still red. Any reason I don't get them? Online chat wrote they didn't have them!!!???
they aren't showing up in my guide and I have all of the HD channels. my guess is its because you only have Essentials.

gosh, I'm not getting any new movie channels, CNBC, Weather, Hallmark Movie, even Tennis. I get ESPNews, ABC Family, Disney, Cartoon Network and Bravo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)