New HD is Available !

gosh, I'm not getting any new movie channels, CNBC, Weather, Hallmark Movie, even Tennis. I get ESPNews, ABC Family, Disney, Cartoon Network and Bravo.

LKR,

The answer is quite simple, you must subscribe to the SD equivalent channel to get the HD version. Secondarily, Channels that do not have a SD equivalent require you to subscribe to the Ultimate HD package ($20). Cinemax HD requires you order the Cinemax package.

John

RSN Package w/HD Standalone

Can someone please tell me why you can not purchase RSN's with the HD only package?
Thanks

This may be of interest to some others as well. I just sent the following to CEO @ Echostar:

CEO:

I've been with y'all for close to ten years and I've reached a dilemma that just doesn't make any sense with regard to programming. First, let me say that I'm delighted you added the new HD programming and that I had a CSR last night that was wonderful and tried to assist me for a long time, but to no avail. Here is my current programming and charges with rounding:

Top 100+ @ $40
3 Premiums (HBO, Cinemax, and Starz) @ $30
HD Ultimate @ $20
Regional Sports Nationwide(multi) @ $6
1 DVR Fee @ $6
3 Additional Receivers @ $21
Total (w/o taxes and including rounding): $123/mo.

My problem with the current programming is that for example I get Bravo in SD and not in HD in spite of the fact that all other SD programming in the top 100+ is mirrored in HD through the HD Ultimate. In addition, I don't get Hallmark HD, NFL HD, NTGEO HD, TENNIS HD, TDIS HD, BIO HD, VS/GF HD, ANIML HD, AND SCIEN HD unless I upgrade to a 250 package with a whole bunch of SD programming I don't want!!!!!! So I went deep into the options and this is what I want that will accomodate me:

Dish HD Standalone @ $29.95 ($30 with rounding)
4 Premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and the addition of Showtime) @ $40
Regional Sports Nationwide (multi) @ $6
2 DVR fee @ $12
3 Additional receiver fee @ $21
No locals as I have an outside antenna @ $0
Total: $109

In an effort to do this the CSR tried several times, but kept getting blocked when trying to add the $6 Regional Sports Nationwide (multi). That is a deal breaker for me. It makes no sense because you permit the premiums to be added to the standalone HD package which gives me them in HD (whatever content they are transmitting in HD), but doesn't allow the same for the regional sports which also has some content in HD. My loyalty is not getting rewarded! I have resisted switching to Directv when they offered more HD, but I'm getting tested again. I invested in three satellite antennae ( one aimed at 61.5, one aimed at 110/119, and one aimed at 129) so that I could get all regional sports both in SD and HD (when broadcast). Additionally, I have broadband connection on my two 722's. The other two receivers are 211's. The 722's have 750 GB storage devices attached to them.

I hereby authorize you to give me the package I want (noted above) if you can make it happen. Please let me know the outcome.

Does HMC or WFN actually show any HD content?

There is already a thread about 5-MAX not showing any HD content even though it is listed as an HD channel.

I have been checking HMC and WFN for almost 2 days now and I haven't seen any HD content on these channels at all.

Has anyone else?

Certain people were saying WFN never showed HD even before it was made available...

Comcast Sports Net...the Chicago regional sports channel that carries most of the Cub and White Sox games...is now in HD :)

I am watching the Sox and Angels right now in BEAUTIFUL HD on Ch. 429!

But, being a Cubs fan...it will be AWESOME when I get to watch most of the Cubs games in HD. Hopefully...WGN HD will be up soon too!

Wooo Hoooo!!!!

I also see that I have 420 and 437 with an additional HD channel 'above' the SD one.

FOXS and Sports South have always just had the SD and I didn't see this last night on my TV or even earlier today

Granted it's only on when HD content is avaliable I assume. I do see that a braves ballgame is scheduled in HD tomorrow

I could be wrong but i think the Sports south was one that was on 129 and i never upgraded to hit that bird too and just stayed on 61.5
Mirror or new HD ?

Comcast Sports Net...the Chicago regional sports channel that carries most of the Cub and White Sox games...is now in HD :)

I am watching the Sox and Angels right now in BEAUTIFUL HD on Ch. 429!

But, being a Cubs fan...it will be AWESOME when I get to watch most of the Cubs games in HD. Hopefully...WGN HD will be up soon too!

Wooo Hoooo!!!!

In Indy, we got CSN HD and Fox Cincinnati HD last night.

How many HD channels did we really gain.

Monday Announced:
22 Channels
-3 Sci-Fi,USA, CNN we already had these
----
-2 RSN's Bay Area. New England Area
----
-15 Voom Channels Taken Down
----
2 HD Channels Net Gain

How many HD channels did we really gain.

Monday Announced:
22 Channels
----
----
----
2 HD Channels Net Gain

Monday Announced:
22 Channels
----
----
----
-3 WFN, HMC 5-MAX which aren't showing any HD content
---
-1 HD Channels Net Gain

^ Finally until someone realizes what they really did...

wohoo! more ESPN with the stupid bars on the side that I hate because I have a Plasma and if I watch it for too long I may get burnin... plus all they play is BB, Nascar and Basketball... wow.. we need more channels like that... :rolleyes:

Then they removed VOOM which I really liked. Rush especially the Red Bull Events, RAVE, KungFu.

My biggest question is when the heck is SpeedHD coming!? and of course Comedy Central:D

My oh my. What a wonderful shell game Charlie played on us this week.

3 days ago I was telling my co-workers what a great deal the HD only package was.

Now................. just a slightly ok deal.

I got played :eek:

Since you realize this you were not played, you were born, just not yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)