New HD is up!

So I look at my 61.5 dish and it is a Dish 500. I think to myself excellent, all I need to do is mount my spare Dish pro LNB set the skew, az and elev to a EA and I should be able to pickup 72.7 and 61.5.

I trace back the spare cable from that Dish that I will use to find out that some installer cut the connector off the cable 2 feet from the DPP44 switch.

Why!!!

Ah man that sucks huge.

This only gets better and better

I greet the installer this morning and am ready to have him install my new EA Dish.

He says he is there for a video problems.......I think to myself this is the left hand, and does not have an idea what the right hand is doing!

Dish never told him the details of the install, and that he needs to install a 1000.4 EA Dish. I explained to him what the plan was and he talked with his supervisor.

They have never done a EA install with a 1000.4. As a matter of fact they don't even have any Dishes!!!!

The installer chats with Dish (and so do I because honestly, I know ALOT more of what needs to be done than these guys) Dish states there is a problem with there system that would allow them to issue a 1000.4 install only.

So, basically, Installer drives away and I get to wait to hear from the installation company once they talk with Dish to figure out what to do......

So I decide to do what I can to get either 129 or 72.7 with my spare Dish 500. I want a 1000.4 install, but it my take a while to get it.

I hit 129 but signal was really low (25) and I was getting pixelation. 129 is really low in my area. I hit 72.7 with a 40 and that seems to be working pretty good.

So I got the 9 new HD channels with equipment I had laying around. And I have Dish working on install a EA 1000.4 that will happen in time.

This whole experiance should just not be this &@*!%$ UP!

And I will be the first to admit the HD on these new channels looks outstanding.

I had BBCA HD on for an hour when I had my setup all messed up and yeah, it looked great.

I should be all set once the DPP44 comes... Finally no more Top Gear in SD.. Top Gear in SD looks like it's live from Baghdad... horrible pq.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts