New HD is up!

Oh No

That might be in Phase 2, also not launched but I am told are uplinked and running is Outdoor Channel HD, Shorts HD, and EPIX HD.

No idea when any of them will launch or what else might be part of Phase 2.

Oh NO I was really looking forward to that one. It was an absolutely necessary channel. I can't believe I just said that but it was fun anyway. :D

I see them - but all locked out (This is a subscription channel ....).
I have Top250 + PlatinumHD + GoldHD -- I should be subscribed to everything out there...

Did I get a proper Dish Installation?

I just signed up last week. AT250 with HD + Plat HD, 2 ViP722 receivers.

What type and how many Dishes should I have had installed, What Satellites should a proper installation in western NY state be done to get my Buffalo locals and HD channels?

Installer connected my old 61.5 saying I needed that for my HD and took down my superdish point at 110/119 & 121 saying it was not used anymore and installed a Dish 500 pointed at 110/119.

So is this a proper setup? I cannot get any od the new HD channels....

Don't worry you aren't the only one that got a whopping zero channels. I have a 61.5/110/119 setup. Gonna wait it out though i dont really care for any of the new channels. Except for tru tv.

I am with you. It is nice to know that they are there for the taking, but are they worth the effort. I really think Dish will make this right for us 61.5 users. I wonder if the delays getting these launched was because they were trying to get them on for us but could not do it. So they have started the process of moving a sat to "fix" the problem, (though be it only a bandage). I can wait it out and am happy for those that have them!

I just signed up last week. AT250 with HD + Plat HD, 2 ViP722 receivers.

What type and how many Dishes should I have had installed, What Satellites should a proper installation in western NY state be done to get my Buffalo locals and HD channels?

Installer connected my old 61.5 saying I needed that for my HD and took down my superdish point at 110/119 & 121 saying it was not used anymore and installed a Dish 500 pointed at 110/119.

So is this a proper setup? I cannot get any od the new HD channels....

You need 61.5 for your HD locals and you need 110 for you SD locals.

So, the installation was correct.

In order to get the new channels, the Dish 500 would need to be replaced by a Dish 1000.2, which adds 129, and has an input port for your 61.5 dish. The question is whether you have any trees, hills or buildings in that direction, since the elevation for 129 is only 20 degrees in Buffalo.

Otherwise, you can wait and hope that the reports of a satellite moved to 61.5 to host the new channels, is true.

Or, you can give up all SD local channels on Dish, and change to an "Eastern Arc" Dish 1000.4 one dish solution.

Only one I'm gonna watch is TruHD. I wish we'd have gotten G4HD.

Welcome to Satellite Guys Slim! :welcome

I hate to say this but it looks to me like TruHD was using some serious stretch'O'vision on their content I was watching last night. I too would have liked to watch TruHD but not that way!

So sad, more wasted bandwidth :rant:

With FSC and Tru (if they do show HD) now available in HD it a winner for me, watched a replay of some soccer on FSC, it was nice to see it in HD!

I have 110/119/61.5 and also did not receive the new channels. (EDIT: All show on sd except indie and retro which dont show at all.)
Got nowhere with the technical support person or the loyalty dept. person. Was told because I do not have the maintanence it would cost me something like $95 for a person to come out and add 129; normally it would be about $15 if I had the maintenance.

So, is it still worth my time to try to get this taken care of free of charge? I am unemployed and temporarily disabled physically. My commit is up April 1st and am hoping that Uverse makes its way here from the next town east of here if I decide to switch allegiances.

Last edited:
Pondering my options in order to catch the new HD channels

I am in the 61.5, 110/119 club and am trying to figure out my options to recieve the new HD channels and this is what I have come up with.....

1) Have Dish replace my Dish 500 (110/119) and install a Dish 1000.2 so I can see 129 (I honestly don't know if I have LOS to 129 yet)

2) I have an unused Dish 500 that I could point @ 129 (I have 1 spare LNB input left on my DPP44 switch)

3) add another LNB to my 61.5 in order to pick up 72.7 (Is this even possible??)

Which option seems the most likely to work?

Option 1 & 2 are nogo if I have no LOS to 129

Option 3 is a nogo if I cannot see both 61.5 & 72.7 off a Dish 500

That actually leaves me one other option.....

4) move my unused Dish 500 so that I can see 72.7

Is my thinking correct guys?

Last edited:
The Dish I have currently have looking at the 61.5 bird is a Dish 300 with 1 LNB on the Y piece which can hold another LNB. This Dish can only adjust the elevation and azthmith. I don't think I can adjust the skew? I do have a spare SuperDish which has a skew adjustment.

Last edited:
The Dish I have currently have looking at the 61.5 bird is a Dish 300 with 1 LNB on the Y piece which can hold another LNB. This Dish can only adjust the elevation and azthmith. I don't think I can adjust the slew? I do have a spare SuperDish which has a slew adjustment.

Dish 300 won't help you. You'd need a Dish 500 because it has the skew setting and is 2 inches higher in diameter. Unless your skew is near 90 degrees for a 1000.4 on Dishpointer, I think you'd have a hard time getting both to align.

The superdish may service a purpose too, unfortunately I don't have one to try. If the y adapter will fit onto it and you have a Dishpro Twin or Quad, it should do the job. Kind of like using a sledge to set nails though. They're heavy.. :)

Ponders some more......

Hey, I wonder if the new Dish 500 the installer used to replace my SuperDish is a DishPro Twin W/Skew adjustment? For that matter, I wonder if my unused Dish 500 has a skew adjustment?

If so, I could replace the current 61.5 Dish 300 with it and be able to pickup 61.5 & 72.7.

Is there any skew adjustment required to pickup 110 & 119? I don't remember my original Dish 500 needing a skew adjustment. But then again it has been awhile.

Either way, I think I have enough information and Dishes to be dangerous....and hopefully obtain my goal.

A guy never gets to have this much fun with cable! :)

Ponders some more......

Hey, I wonder if the new Dish 500 the installer used to replace my SuperDish is a DishPro Twin W/Skew adjustment? For that matter, I wonder if my unused Dish 500 has a skew adjustment?

If you have a Dish500 (not a Dish 300), it should have a skew adjustment on the back. 2 inches more diameter and skew control is a Dish 500. Dish 300 is a single sat dish, Dish500 is always a 2 sat dish, though sometimes they put an I adapter on and a Dishpro Single for HD wing dish.

Dishpro Twin and quad are easy to tell because they look like a double-wide LNB and have a Dishpro decal in the middle. The Dishpro decal should have about an inch of space between the left and right edge of the decal to be a Twin or Quad (2 sat feed). The Dishpro Single has a label too, but it's basically the width of the LNB. If you have the Dish 500 on the ground, you should see it fills 2 orbital locations and fits into the Y adapter as a single piece.

If so, I could replace the current 61.5 Dish 300 with it and be able to pickup 61.5 & 72.7.

Yep you should be able to do that. You would need to run two lines from the Dish 500 into your DPP44, one for 61.5 and one for 72.7. Basically it'd be a 'switch dishes, run a second line to your DPP44' situation.

Is there any skew adjustment required to pickup 110 & 119? I don't remember my original Dish 500 needing a skew adjustment. But then again it has been awhile.

Skew adjustments are needed for 110/119, but if you already have a 110/119 dish up, you shouldn't need to mess with it at all. Skew adjustments would be available by going into Point Dish (Menu 6-1-1 on most receivers) and entering your zip and picking Dish 500 and 110 or 119.

For the Dish500 for your 61.5 / 72.7, you should check Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com and use the skew for the 1000.4, it should be pretty close. I would check 72.7 in there too to make sure you're not in a part of the USA that will have really low elevation. If you are, you would want to add a dish for 129 unfortunately.

I think I'll be getting a DPP44 and doing 61.5 / 72.7 / 110 / 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)