New HD is up!

I don't mind having them replace my Dish 500, as long as I didn't need a 3rd dish on the roof. Had I needed the 500, wing 61.5 and a 3rd to get these new channels, I would have waited for the fix.

I have 2 500's and I am sure the neighbors and wifey would love the "downsize" to 1 Dish but if Dish is fully aware of the problem and will announce a fix soon, then I should wait; shouldn't I? Has Dish made an announcement or said anything yet?

I have 2 500's and I am sure the neighbors and wifey would love the "downsize" to 1 Dish but if Dish is fully aware of the problem and will announce a fix soon, then I should wait; shouldn't I? Has Dish made an announcement or said anything yet?

I haven't read anything about a fix to get them to 61.5. I'm sure it'll happen. No clue when.

Locals on EA work a bit different. Since all the receivers on EA are HD capable, when a feed of a local is in HD, there is no SD feed of it. If your locals are on 61.5 then I'm pretty sure you are an EA market which means some installs will get a 1000.4 dish.

Not all of our locals are in HD. When we install a new HD customer Dish requires 110/119/61.5 for our DMA. We occasionally use a 1000.4 when we have a LOS issue and we make sure the customer knows they won't be getting all of the locals.

Wow it took the other site until 6:30PM Eastern Time to mention these new channels on their homeapage. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for making SatelliteGuys your home for all of the REAL Satellite Information. :)

The 1000.4 isn't really an option here because the signal quality is crap with one. Anyone know if I should just move one Dish500 to 77 and the other to 61.5 / 72.7? I'd rather not have to but I fear this might be the 'future'.

I've no idea what they're going to do here when HD locals get uplinked. 110/119 is a better place than 77/72.7 in Central/Northern Maine I suspect.

Hey Guys, I just want to update my situation:

I just got off the phone with Dish Network after an HOUR of talking to a regular CSR and then her Supervisor. Both of them coming to the same conclusion:

I cannot get the new HD without removing my International Channels or my HD Locals. I have to sacrifice something because I'm receiving 4 signals. I have a Superdish and a Dish 500 pointed at 61.5 for my HD Locals.

I'm currently pointed at Western Arc Signals because when my current system was setup, (2 or 3 years ago), Eastern Arc wasn't available. I kept telling the CSRs that I couldn't understand why they just couldn't switch me from the western arc to the eastern arc, and the CSR told me that they needed a "reason" for this change. That the western arc signal had to be out of the line of sight. It should "not" be working for me, in order to let them switch me over. I told her that it WASN'T working for me, because I'm missing new HD channels that are important to me! (FSC HD primarily).

I asked to speak to her supervisor who changed her story a bit. She first told me that I needed to choose between my HD Locals or my International Channels to get the new HD. I told her that I wanted to go on the Eastern Arc, and after putting me on hold, she told me some story that it's too new and isn't available in CT.

I have no idea what to do. Please could somebody help me out here? I'm not buying their story. I'm sure they just don't want to switch me over. I even signed up for the DHPP before calling so I could possibly get an upgrade at the reduced price. I've been a customer for over 15 years. This is really absurd.

I have no idea what to do. Please could somebody help me out here? I'm not buying their story. I'm sure they just don't want to switch me over. I even signed up for the DHPP before calling so I could possibly get an upgrade at the reduced price. I've been a customer for over 15 years. This is really absurd.

Wait until Thursday, and then call again. You'll need to ask for technical support, and talk with someone that understands what is going on. Technically there shouldn't be a problem, but their computer system restricts what many of them can do and if the computer won't let them do it, some CSR's like to just say it can't be done.

I'd say at least 13 million or more dish customers don't have a clue that anything even happened today.
Which is why they didn't say anything on the Tech Chat on Monday.

The only people who know anything read SatelliteGuys, or folks who read another site which cuts and paste news from SatelliteGuys to use at their site. ;)

It really does pay to be a SatelliteGuys member. :)

Which is why they didn't say anything on the Tech Chat on Monday.

The only people who know anything read SatelliteGuys, or folks who read another site which cuts and paste news from SatelliteGuys to use at their site. ;)

It really does pay to be a SatelliteGuys member. :)

Yes Thanks again for the heads up info!

Yes.. point the 61.5 to 129..takes a few mins to do it. You could go on ebay and buy yourself a 1000.2 kit and install that and keep your 61.5 also. These dishes are not much and people are taking them off houses and re-selling them when they move cause they know they are getting a new one anyway.

I don't think a 1000.2 would be worth it as 129 isn't viewable here once the leaves come out. I could just add another wing dish for 129 temporarily and keep 61.5 hooked up. I could also go EA but I've currently got 2 501 receivers as well as a 722. I guess another option would be to swap the 61.5 dish to an EA for the 722 only and feed the 501's with the 110/119 D500.

And I'm sure as soon as I do one of these they'll fix 61.5 :D