New HD Lineup on Comcast in Indy?

wileadams

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Greenwood, Indiana
I just got my cable installed here at the new place because we can't have satellite because we have no balcony or place that is part of our rental agreement/lease. Anyway, when the HD DVR was installed there is a message stating that many Comcast areas will be having the lineups of HDTV changed at the end of the month. It said that the channels will be moving and they will be providing new services.

Has anybody heard anything about this or what this will include? New channels or just the current ones remapped to new channels?

Thanks!
Wil

wileadams said:
I just got my cable installed here at the new place because we can't have satellite because we have no balcony or place that is part of our rental agreement/lease. Anyway, when the HD DVR was installed there is a message stating that many Comcast areas will be having the lineups of HDTV changed at the end of the month. It said that the channels will be moving and they will be providing new services.

Has anybody heard anything about this or what this will include? New channels or just the current ones remapped to new channels?

Thanks!
Wil

I've been told by one person so far that new channels will be coming to all Comcast areas but only some areas will have the HD channels moved around for easier viewing and access. This is what I've been told is coming in very very very early July. I've been told July 1st is the date but it could slip another week.

ESPN2 HD is coming to all areas that have available bandwidth.
National Geographic Channel HD I've been told might be coming too.

Beyond these channels above I have no information about other HD channels. Just to make sure you understand I'll clarify below.

ESPN2 HD is a sure thing in the first week of July while NGC HD isn't a sure thing as that channel is just a rumor now.

NFL Network HD is listed in my local lineup at Comcast.com for July 1.

ESPN2 HD was listed for July 1 but has since been removed from the lineup. Someone must have let the cat out of the bag too early.

Another zip code had ESPN2 HD for June 1 before it was removed. June 1 would have made more sense because of the World Cup.

Last edited:
I just got a card in the mail about moving channels around and that Comcast is adding Current TV ( the Al Gore channel ) and Daystar...oh boy...I...am...just...so....happy...to...have...these....channels instead of ESPN2 or the HD-Nets or the return of Universal-HD or NG-HD, but no, we get stuff I will never ever watch, the only Gore I want to have any thing to do with TV is his Daughter who used to write for Futurama, and Daystar, don't we have enough of these channels that try to suck the money out of folks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)