New HD or locals today?

Thanks Laddyboy!

It seems strange both Topeka and Des Moines are listed as Eastern arc. It does not make sense that they would even be listed on the table on the 129W satellite. Maybe there is some adjusting to the Eastern/Western arc DMAs that is going to take place.

Thanks Laddyboy!

It seems strange both Topeka and Des Moines are listed as Eastern arc. It does not make sense that they would even be listed on the table on the 129W satellite. Maybe there is some adjusting to the Eastern/Western arc DMAs that is going to take place.

I believe E* looked at the areas the spot beams on 61.5 covered and designated them as eastern arc. There was a beam across the central midwest, spotbeam 8, that went from Quincy/Hannibal and S. Illinois across Missou into Kansas/Nebraska. That's why lots of the makets in that area, including St. Louis are on that spot beam. Everyone else in that area gets to be on 129W. As for why some are also tabled into 129W. There are spotbeams on 129W that cover those same markets and E* already has the station feeds at the local PoP, so all they have to do is also uplink to 129. I also think they know not everyone has ordered up their HD yet so if people are already installed with 1000.2 dishes, they won't need a wing dish for 61.5, saving E* a few bucks in the process. I can't guarantee they'll be uplinked but I don't see why they would have placed them in the table if they weren't contemplating doing so.

well the indianapolis locals have been removed from ciel2 and placed back on non existant echostar5. So i doubt we will see our locals in march

That move made no sense in the uplink report at all. I don't think it means anything. That's just a table entry and doesn't involve the actual uplink itself. Even if they aren't ready to go live, there isn't any reason to remove them. There are other markets in that table that haven't even been mentioned in any schedule for uplinking. I could see them removing them from the table if they had decided to place them on another satellite, but otherwise it doesn't make much sense to me.

That move made no sense in the uplink report at all. I don't think it means anything. That's just a table entry and doesn't involve the actual uplink itself. Even if they aren't ready to go live, there isn't any reason to remove them. There are other markets in that table that haven't even been mentioned in any schedule for uplinking. I could see them removing them from the table if they had decided to place them on another satellite, but otherwise it doesn't make much sense to me.

I can tell you that indeed the 4 HD locals are streaming on a CONUS transponder at 129. Why did they switch this one to CONUS? No idea. There are other markets that this CONUS TP 5 is blocking so I can't see them keeping this like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts