new HD receivers with mpeg4??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rhino31

Original poster
May 24, 2005
just wondering what companies are making the new hd receivers with the mpeg4, and if anyone knows the model numbers and when they will be available.

rhino31 said:
just wondering what companies are making the new hd receivers with the mpeg4, and if anyone knows the model numbers and when they will be available.
Hughes will be making a D* brand MPEG4 receiver and also the company HUMAX is making MPEG4 receivers for D*. The release date for the consumers has not been disclosed!

Smthkd said:
Hughes will be making a D* brand MPEG4 receiver and also the company HUMAX is making MPEG4 receivers for D*. The release date for the consumers has not been disclosed!

Humax will be making MPEG4 receivers for DirecTV. I have heard no information regarding Hughes making MPEG4 receivers.

In fact, I thought that Thompson (RCA) bought the manufacturing part of Hughes... or am I wrong?!

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
.....In fact, I thought that Thompson (RCA) bought the manufacturing part of Hughes... or am I wrong?!
~Alan

No, your right on this one but they will still manufacture their new HMC which is a MPEG2/MPEG4 Receiver from Hughes carring the Directv logo!

Smthkd said:
No, your right on this one but they will still manufacture their new HMC which is a MPEG2/MPEG4 Receiver from Hughes carring the Directv logo!

Dan Collins has stated that Motorola is building the hardware based upon their DCT6412, but running the Ucentric software.

~Alan

rhino31 said:
and there's no word on an avilibility date?

The stand-alone MPEG4 HD box developed by Humax is supposed to be out by late Summer or early Fall.

The Home Media Center developed by Ucentric is looking more like a early 2006 release, if we're lucky!!

~Alan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)