New HD Stations

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
New HD Stations <Not a SciFi HD Thread> Thread

Any word on when Dish is adding some more HD stations? I want my scifi channel HD!!! Now here is the technical part of this question (this is the technical forum after all): I heard dish is putting up 2 new sats for the HD. Will we need new dishes? 1000.4 or modified 1000+ maybe?

Last edited:
Repeat over & over: Dish (or Direct, or Cable) cannot carry Sci-Fi HD until it actually exists.

The carriers can only add HD channels that are actually being procduced by the programming providers.

Repeat over & over: Dish (or Direct, or Cable) cannot carry Sci-Fi HD until it actually exists.

The carriers can only add HD channels that are actually being procduced by the programming providers.

Ah, I didnt ask for them to carry it, I was just saying I want it. I dont care if they dont make it yet (but it has been announced, lol). I was asking when THEY are suppose to be adding the additional channels that THEY have stated that THEY are adding with the additional sattelites that THEY stated that THEY are putting into orbit. And if anyone had any insight on if we will need new dishes IF that ever happens???

Ah, I didnt ask for them to carry it, I was just saying I want it.
I hope you didn't think that you were the first to express this desire.
I dont care if they dont make it yet (but it has been announced, lol).
SciFi HD has NOT been announced!

If the satellites that Charlie "spilled the beans" at the rally happen, they will require a new dish.

Take a look at the logo right above the big 100:

hd_04.jpg

Somebody dragged it seriously off topic in post #8.

Perhaps you could rephrase the question?

Would you be referring to me sir?:D

I think you answered the main topic, that we would need new dishes. Now does anyone know if they will be seperate or will they develop another all in one (and would it make things worse if they did). I think the majority of the average people only want one dish, heck no dish if possible (yeah, I know its not). Most here would want what is best. Oh yeah, when is SciFi HD becoming available??????:p

OK, as long as we're talking about which sat will (possibly) carry SciFiHD, where do I look to see the latest on E*'s HD satellite additions to accommodate SciFi HD and other HD channels? Does Dish have enough room for SciFi HD and very many more HD signals before they launch more birds?

This post is not off the SciFi HD topic as it is mentioned in each sentence.

OK, as long as we're talking about which sat will (possibly) carry SciFiHD, where do I look to see the latest on E*'s HD satellite additions to accommodate SciFi HD and other HD channels? Does Dish have enough room for SciFi HD and very many more HD signals before they launch more birds?

This post is not off the SciFi HD topic as it is mentioned in each sentence.

Look on their website for the latest additions.

Yes, room for SciFi HD when it launches and many more when they launch.

Now does anyone know if they will be seperate or will they develop another all in one (and would it make things worse if they did).
The rules dictate a single dish solution.

I would not get all wadded up about what Charlie said regarding an MPEG4 system. Such a system is not coming soon to a roof near you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts