New HD subscriber, having second thoughts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Oops... Wasn't counting before. Dish has a 4-leased-tuner limit. You can exceed this limit by buying your own receivers, or (rarely) by appealing/begging/pleading. The VIP612 is an odd-ball dual-tuner receiver which counts as one. But that hardly helps your situation since you want PIP and I don't think the VIP612 will do that.

If I have one ViP722k and two ViP211k's installed then after the installer leaves substitute two ViP222k's for the two ViP211k's, are they plug and play after I call for activation? Or will the installer just install my ViP222k's at no charge to me as the ViP211k's were on the work order (he still had to make the cable drops anyway).

Is there any savings to me on any of the monthly service fees by providing my own hardware?

If I have one ViP722k and two ViP211k's installed then after the installer leaves substitute two ViP222k's for the two ViP211k's, are they plug and play after I call for activation? Or will the installer just install my ViP222k's at no charge to me as the ViP211k's were on the work order (he still had to make the cable drops anyway).
Given that in all likelihood you will have a 1000.2 on the roof, then such a swap would be plug and play. I don't understand how you are going to affect this swap, however.
Is there any savings to me on any of the monthly service fees by providing my own hardware?
Surprisingly enough, no. The lease fee changes to an additional outlet fee, but it's the same amount. If you own a receiver, you are entitled to sell it and gain the residual value once you cancel. WIth a leased receiver, you have to return it.

Brings up another point, is the 1000.2 the standard antenna installed? Are some better than others? (my zip code 80112) Your thoughts please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)