Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Look like some Dish Network customers will be getting some new HD tomorrow!

Congrats to the following areas which will be getting HD locals...

Fargo
Odessa-Midland, TX
Palm Springs, CA with KESQ & KMIR

No word on the Viacom channels yet, however a number of people have reported the stations appearing and disapearing in their guide in red (I have about 7 reports from folks claiming to see Comedy Central HD in red in their guides a few times... :)

Yeah well we should no something by tomorrow or next day if they plan on getting things out by the 1st. Or heck it could be next week as well since the 1st is on a Wednesday. :)

I noticed earlier today when I switched my guide to "All Subs" that I was getting CMT in standard def but not in HD. And just a few minutes ago I saw that Comedy Central has been added in SD but no HD yet. I have TurboHD Bronze. Hopefully this means both of those channels are about to be added to my package in HD. Would be great if I could also get Spike HD, MTV HD and VH1 HD too!

I got an automated phone call today from Dish Network saying all of my locals will be available in HD tomorrow. I live in Cedar Rapids, IA, and we currently have just two that are in HD. I am wondering if the other two go live tomorrow as well. Interesting......

I got an automated phone call today from Dish Network saying all of my locals will be available in HD tomorrow. I live in Cedar Rapids, IA, and we currently have just two that are in HD. I am wondering if the other two go live tomorrow as well. Interesting......

Oh, that would be sweet! I'm in the CR DMA too (Dubuque) and am tired of having to watch ABC and NBC in SD.

Fred

I noticed earlier today when I switched my guide to "All Subs" that I was getting CMT in standard def but not in HD. And just a few minutes ago I saw that Comedy Central has been added in SD but no HD yet. I have TurboHD Bronze. Hopefully this means both of those channels are about to be added to my package in HD. Would be great if I could also get Spike HD, MTV HD and VH1 HD too!

I hate to say it, but us Turbo customers may get stuck with the SD versions while everyone else gets HD. (See all the many, many threads on Fox News HD)

Some of these HD channels we have now has most of the content in SD and very very little content in HD so whats the point? Seems pointless to have HD for some of these stations but I guess you take what you can get.

I'll take better PQ.

Hey how about a smaller package of HD channels but perfect PQ for the same price?

Hey how about perfect PQ with what we have?

Hey whatever.

Ahh very good. If anyone knows its the guy who does the Dish Twitter page. (and I am not joking by saying that) :)

So that is good news then for the folks in Terre Haute! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)