New HD TV Apps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lanarian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
Pocatello Idaho
So, I just opened the TV Apps to see how the mariners did today.. and lo and behold, I have the new HD TV Apps...
Hate 'em.
What you see is what you get.. no more app store to set up the apps you want. The ones they give you are (at least on my system) very slow, and not user friendly.
I really liked the old apps.. I could get rid of the ones I didn't use (most of them), and really like the ones that let you track your team.. Thought that was a pretty useful app.
Sigh, oh well... Somebody decided this would be better.. But I tend to disagree.

Anybody else got these yet? If so, what do you think of them?

Yes, I've had them awhile on the CE software. I agree I miss the functionality of the old SD apps, however I do like the look of the HD apps. It's taken the DirecTV software team a while to get the HD apps working as they do now. I do have faith that they will add the missing functionality of the apps back in time.

I don't think I've looked at those apps in well over a year. I always totally forget that they're there.

I remember them when I accidentally hit the right arrow. I switched to Uverse from TWC Internet and now the apps don't work. Any clue why? The other online-based stuff works. I really don't care about apps much, since they are no longer customizable, but it's nice to have everything functioning.

apps not working usually means you need to open ports 1701, 27177 and 27178 in your router settings. If your not sure how, google Your Router make and model and "open ports", or call your ISP, they should be able to walk you through it.
Edit: Or, a shortcut is to just turn the routers firewall off...

Thank you. I am following the directions, but I see no place to enter specific ports. There is a list and I added the Directv options, but it still doesn't work. Now that I see the numbers, I remember adding those ports to my old modem a long time ago. Twice, actually, since TWC deleted them once.

Update: I figured it out. Thanks again for the info.

Update 2: It only worked once! Back to "try again later..."

Last edited:
I hadn't paid attention and just noticed the new HD apps... Wow, I miss the old apps in the sense of the sports team apps the most. I could easily see the score and the stats, etc.... I've read that the app store is gone for good. It looks nice, but I think I preferred functionality over form.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts