New HD TV New Options?

Steve5678

Original poster
May 5, 2008
We recently purchased a new HDTV, our second one. Our current setup is a Vip722 DVR that is connected to our main HDTV in the living room and now our other HDTV in the family room. Obviously as you guys know, TV2 on the Vip isn't receiving HD signals. We have on other Standard def. TV that has one of the old single tuner boxes from about 4-5 years ago.

I'd like to find the best option for getting HD to my new TV that is currently hooked up as TV2 on the vip722. I was thinking we could get rid of the older standard def box and make that TV2 from the vip722 and then get a single HD tuner for the newer TV we just got.

Do you guys have any other simpler options? What would be the best and cheapest way to get HD to the new TV? I see the ad on the dish site about getting 3 HD receivers for free, is this only for new customers though? I really don't want to have to pay a whole lot to get this done if possible. Also, I'd love to have DVR capabilities on the new TV but I understand that would probably cost me a lot more. Any ideas will be helpful.

That is only for new customers. The big question is do you want DVR on the second HD TV? If so, you could either get another 722 (or 722k) or you could get a 612 (two HD tuners but no TV2). What options do you have when you log into your account and click on the upgrade button?

You could get VIP211, pay the one time fee and connect an EHD, making it a DVR.

you could run some cables through crawl space or attic so both livingroom and family room see the same programming off of tv1 u can run a HDMI cable 100 ft for $50 for familyroom and do ur component to tv in livingroom.

I would like to have DVR capabilities on the tv, eventually at least. If I got the Vip 211 and then hooked the SD TV as TV 2 I would still only have 2 receivers. This seems like the best idea to me. My question is, would I have to pay extra each month for that vip 211 as compared to the monthly fee I already pay for the extra Standard Def receiver?

I understand theres a fee to pay for the addition of the external hard drive, which is fine. I could always add this later down the road if I got the 211 correct? I don't see any upgrade info under my dish account on their site. I can see my account info, but no upgrade info. Maybe because my Dish bill comes on my AT&T bill?

How much would a vip 211 cost me to get? Would switching the wiring around be something I'd be able to do or would I have to have a tech do it?

One time shot of $39.99 for EHD on 211.

211 is $7 per month lease fee.

I think I paid $25 , maybe $50 for my leased 211, but my leased 211k was free last April.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts