New HD with old receivers

gasman882001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Houston, Tx
At work so I don't have a long time to dig but don't remember seeing this question.

I just got off the phone with Dish. According to them, I cannot get the new HD on my VIP622 without replacing the 508dvr in my house. Currently have hd from the 61.5 because my locals(Houston, tx) are there and the other 2 locations that I am pointing to is 110/119. None of course is where the new HD is.

I was not real comfortable with the lady on the phone knowing what she was talking about so figured I would come here. She said that I would have to pay a $100 new receiver fee but my monthly charges would not increase with a new receiver. Just don't understand why I would need to get a new receiver and she could not tell me either.

Of course she didn't mention and I didn't ask if there would be any other fees to have them come out and repoint everything.

Thanks for any help!

At work so I don't have a long time to dig but don't remember seeing this question.

I just got off the phone with Dish. According to them, I cannot get the new HD on my VIP622 without replacing the 508dvr in my house. Currently have hd from the 61.5 because my locals(Houston, tx) are there and the other 2 locations that I am pointing to is 110/119. None of course is where the new HD is.

I was not real comfortable with the lady on the phone knowing what she was talking about so figured I would come here. She said that I would have to pay a $100 new receiver fee but my monthly charges would not increase with a new receiver. Just don't understand why I would need to get a new receiver and she could not tell me either.

Of course she didn't mention and I didn't ask if there would be any other fees to have them come out and repoint everything.

Thanks for any help!

Just add a dish to 72.7 or 129 and you will be covered.

The CSR is mis-informing you! You can add a 4th satellite location to what you have now. If you use a DPP44 switch you can add the 129 or the 72.7 satellite to your current setup. The DPP44 is compatable with legacy receivers. You will still have 110/119 so the 508 will work.

There are other ways to accomplish what you want; this is just one example.

Edit: I guess whatchel1 typed his answer faster than I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts