NEW HDTV OTA Antenna

jbcheshire

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2005
West of the Mississippi
rockaway1836 said:
It would be best if you did not confuse Newbies. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HDTV ANTENNA!

Ya beat me to it!! I think it's funny in some of the stores they have the box labeled HDTV Antenna, all I can do is shake my head and say there is no such thing!!

timfouts said:
It looks like nothing less than a ChannelMaster 4 bay bowtie. I personally prefer the 8 bay bowtie with a preamp.

You are rigth the 8 bay antenna works great. All OTA staions in our area are in the UHF 50's .

jbcheshire said:
Here is a story about a guy who created an OTA HDTV antenna in his garage, and now is selling them commercially. I just saw the story tonight.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/story/09BE6D90BF616D338625705A000CC681?OpenDocument

I don't have one, but those in the market may want to take a look at these. Here is the company website: www.antennasdirect.com
I have been recomending Antennas Direct for a couple of years now. Many of the products are still manufactures in the US but not all- mad overseas per design specs..

I just bought an XG91 (my 5th antenna in a year and a half). I'll install it in my attic in a week or so. Box says it was made in Taiwan. Oddly, the packing slip and the box refer to other company names and AntennaDirect doesn't appear on them. I've been concerned all along that they might just be a marketing operation like Monster Cable since they don't offer any real technical specifications on their products. But, nothing else has worked for what I'm trying to do, so I upped the anty.

Carl B said:
I just bought an XG91 (my 5th antenna in a year and a half). I'll install it in my attic in a week or so. Box says it was made in Taiwan. Oddly, the packing slip and the box refer to other company names and AntennaDirect doesn't appear on them. I've been concerned all along that they might just be a marketing operation like Monster Cable since they don't offer any real technical specifications on their products. But, nothing else has worked for what I'm trying to do, so I upped the anty.
If you need tech specs just call them. They are will ing to give them.. I have a spreadsheet for the DB8 if anyone wants to see them..

Antenna's Direct

I dont see any reason why their antenna's would be better than any winegard or channel master. If you are talking 4 bay vs. 4 bay or 8 bay vs. 8 bay the gain on both would be Ideally the same. Those two have been around since the begining of broadcast television, and with channel master being a part of Andrew corp. now, I am more likely to buy their products due to high quality and high performance of Andrew products used in the past. The best antenna would be a channel cut antenna like used in the cable tv headend , but you would need one for each channel, most places Digital and HDTV broadcast is uhf, so the best would be a yagi or a grid.

People need to buy more Products Made or Assembled in the USa to keep america working. :wtf: :wtf:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)