New HDTV upstairs, now I want HD for it too!

I was just told about a promo called, "Dishin' It Up". Re-sign up for 18 mos, you get a 2nd HD DVR receiver, for $99. Then you get a $100 credit on your bill after filling out a promo form.

The only part that scares me is re-signing for 18 mos. I hear that the fees are going up, is that true?

With 2 622s, just send TV2 to the opposite TVs and you can watch the SD versions of recordings made by the other receiver.

I don't get it. If you're telling me to get a second receiver *and* run cables from each room to the other room, then what do you get over having one receiver? In any case, I'm more concerned about HD than SD which only has one output from the 622 anyway. I'm expecting to just have to split the component output and run it upstairs.

Actually, can you use both the HDMI and Component output? My TV doesn't have HDMI so I've only ever used the Component and have never tried the HDMI, but any projector I get will have HDMI.

Actually, can you use both the HDMI and Component output? My TV doesn't have HDMI so I've only ever used the Component and have never tried the HDMI, but any projector I get will have HDMI.

I have a 722, but this should work with a 622 also. I am using the HDMI and Component outputs to feed 2 HDTV's. Both outputs are active at the same time and display the same program at the same resolution (I'm using 1080i). I run the 722 in single mode so it is easy to set up timers from either room. I hope the warning that they might downrez the component output doesn't happen for a long time. This is a good one receiver solution for me now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)