New HDTV - Which Receiver Should I Buy

PurpleRedbird

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 17, 2007
I just purchased an HD tv and want to get an HD Dish receiver to add to what I already have (625 and 501). How can I tell which LNB I have so I know which HD receiver will work with my current dish?

Dish can do a dish n it up which includes upgrading your dish. What is your location and which satellites do you currently receive? You might have to upgrade your dish anyways.

If you want a DVR the 622/722 would work. If you want a plin receiver the 211. You can activate the EHD option for $39 and turn it into a DVR with no monthly DVR fee.

S~

Dish can do a dish n it up which includes upgrading your dish. What is your location and which satellites do you currently receive? You might have to upgrade your dish anyways.

If you want a DVR the 622/722 would work. If you want a plin receiver the 211. You can activate the EHD option for $39 and turn it into a DVR with no monthly DVR fee.

S~

We live in Central Illinois and I get satellites 110 and 119. Was trying to avoid having to change out the LNB if possible. Not the cost. Just don't want to have to deal with it.

if you have a dpp twin lnb, a second dish would be an option. Other than that, you would need a new dish and lnb. 1000.2 or 1000.4

You'll need 129 for the majority of HD channels including locals (if offered). Not sure what city you're in. That will require a dish 1000 or adding a second dish. The dish n it up promo will include the receiver and the dish plus they'll install it. Offers vary depending on the receiver. Sign into your dish account and see what's available.

S~

We live in Central Illinois and I get satellites 110 and 119. Was trying to avoid having to change out the LNB if possible. Not the cost. Just don't want to have to deal with it.
You need a new dish. You aren't going to get hardly any HD programming with a Dish 500. You need a 1000.2 dish because 90% of the HD is on the 129 satellite.

You'll need 129 for the majority of HD channels including locals (if offered). Not sure what city you're in. That will require a dish 1000 or adding a second dish. The dish n it up promo will include the receiver and the dish plus they'll install it. Offers vary depending on the receiver. Sign into your dish account and see what's available.

S~

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Don't think Dish will sell/lease/activate an HD receiver on just 110/119. Most of the HD programming is on 61.5 and mirrored on 129 (ignoring Eastern Arc for the moment). When you upgrade to HD Dish will want to add one of the other satellites (depends on which one carries your locals/rsn) or switch you over to eastern arc. (I'm not sure what they are doing with that project right now).

Good Luck, Eric

Not to worry as they won't let you do it anyway. DISH will pay someone to do it for you, test it and explain how the new receivers work. Finally, they should explain that as part of the Dish'n It Up program, you're committed for 24 months to a minimum programming package.

In an ideal world, that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)