New Help with Splitter

am7crew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I currently have 2 612's and 1 722 (which is used on one tv). However I own 2 regular receivers Id like to hookup however Dish wants to charge $99 to come out and all the wiring is done I just need a splitter so I was wondering which ones and where to get one online. Dish said if I bought it myself they could even help over the phone hooking it all up but if its anything like directv its pretty cut and dry and shouldnt be a problem. So I currently have 3 lines hooked up and need 5.

splitters will not work AT ALL.
every receiver must have a direct line from the dish (or in your case multiple switches).

splitters will not work AT ALL.
every receiver must have a direct line from the dish (or in your case multiple switches).

actually splitters will work so long as the STBs behind the splitters are not only looking at the same sat but also the same transponder.

Otherwise there will be intermittent signal loss.

I currently have 2 612's and 1 722 (which is used on one tv). However I own 2 regular receivers Id like to hookup however Dish wants to charge $99 to come out

$99 is a bargain. Three dual tuner receivers can be handled by the new 1000.2 and 1000.4 dishes without any external switching. Once you add a fourth receiver, you need a DPP44 external multiswitch for $199 then when you add a fifth receiver, you need to add either a DPP33 for $79 or a DP34 for $49.

The cheapest way to do this is to add an additional Dish500 for the two old basic receivers you want to turn on.

Good luck :)

CAVEAT - you must be receiving your signal from 110, 119 and either 129 or 61.5.

Eastern arc will not work on regular receivers - they must be ViP receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)