New here and to dish net and have a couple questions

gpuvalowski

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
I have a new house and I will tell you what I have for TV's and was wondering what my best options were.

First of all I have someone to install the equipment and I dont mind buying from another source and activating it myself after install.

I have 4 bedrooms, 1 living room and 1 basement I want to have TV. The living room and master bedroom will have there own recievers, while the other 3 bedrooms and basement will share 1 reciever.

Im not big on HD or DVR but I would like the one reciever that will service the 4 different rooms to have a UHF remote.

Where should I look for equipment and is there certain equipment that will be better or worse for my siuation.

Thanks

Simple,
For your master bedroom you need a 301 single tuner with IR remote

For your living room you need to place a 322 duel tuner receiver,
#1 side of the duel with IR remote to control living room TV
#2 side of the duel with UHF remote to control the 3 other bedrooms w/ basement

this will make your basement, and 3 bedrooms all on the same channel, but you will be able to use the UHF remote in any room of the house to change channels. Or you could purchas extra remotes and 19.99 each from Dish directly, or maybe the installer will hook you up.

So thats

301 rcvr = master bedroom w/ IR remote
322 rcvr #1 side = living room w/ IR remote
322 rcvr #2 side = 3 other rooms & and basement

So thats only two rcvrs/ no HD/ no DVR

But there will be an extra charge for any additional labor more then a three room hookup.. when you order only 3 boxes thats only 3 room hook up and they will charge your hourly for any additional labor. If you dont understand much about SAT lines/coax and how they work I wouldnt do it yourself, as you will have to call them back and they will charge you to repair it. Rates depend on if DISH themselves install it.. or if its a retailer/install company.

Q's? Let me know

Simple,

this will make your basement, and 3 bedrooms all on the same channel, but you will be able to use the UHF remote in any room of the house to change channels. Or you could purchas extra remotes and 19.99 each from Dish directly, or maybe the installer will hook you up.

So thats

But there will be an extra charge for any additional labor more then a three room hookup.. when you order only 3 boxes thats only 3 room hook up and they will charge your hourly for any additional labor. If you dont understand much about SAT lines/coax and how they work I wouldnt do it yourself, as you will have to call them back and they will charge you to repair it. Rates depend on if DISH themselves install it.. or if its a retailer/install company.

Q's? Let me know

Thanks for the help that will give me a start for the equipment.
The guy I got installing it knows what he is doing so I think I got everything set there. I just wasnt sure where to start looking as far as equipment goes. If I need anything else I will be back. Thanks again

Simple,

So thats

Q's? Let me know

I forgot to ask this originally. What dish should I look to get, I do need to get the local channels but I heard I dont need the SUPERdish for that so will any one work

Thanks

Ya,
Claude is right

Depends on what prog you want and what area of the country your in.. and also depind on the line of site on your property..

dishes vary

For basic prog.. no HD no Christian, no foreighn.. prob dish 500 with a dp plus twin lnb

but your installer will no off the top of his head when he arrives

Ive been looking at 301 and 322 recievers and there are different kind of "cards" that come with them. What card it better or if it is used will I have to get a new one. Is the smart card the way to go or the yellow card? Or something else

Thanks

Ive been looking at 301 and 322 recievers and there are different kind of "cards" that come with them. What card it better or if it is used will I have to get a new one. Is the smart card the way to go or the yellow card? Or something else

Thanks
Newer Dish receivers have cards built-in. I don't think that you could order a new receiver from Dish with an external card. So that shouldn't be an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts