Weather on the 8's live

tnsprin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2003
I think they have moved from testing to live with weather on the 8's. The button now appears in the upper left of the screen, doesn't say test, and came on on the 8's.

I can't believe we've waited this long for this..... Talk about a letdown.

Is it only available during the "8s" ? I can't understand why. I can go to Dish Home at anytime and get the same information overlaid channel 214. Granted, it's slow to go that route.

How many people have not seen The Weather Channel on cable ?? This is by no means an "equal" offering.

I have watched this morning on my 622 and on my 211 and have not seen anything with local on the 8's. Are you seeing it on ch. 214 or through dish interactive on ch. 100?

It freezes on me when trying to exit also.

samgovol: Channel 214. When TWC does their live "weather on the 8s", start paying attention for a popup.

nothing on my 622 here in Tulsa either ...

Was seeing the "test" yesterday - but nothing at all so far today, and i agree - this is not yet even close to being on par with the cable co's "local on the 8's" I hope they are working on the graphics/content now that they seem to have worked out how to get the pop-up on the channel.

(we can never just be happy can we?)

;)

Agreed. If this is what we get after waiting so long, it is indeed a letdown. It certainly is not even close to par with the cable company's local on the 8's. I can't believe E* worked so long just to do this. They shouldn't have bothered.

I have not seen it yet because Ive been out of town. Hopefully now that its up and running theyll work to better it if its that bad.
It took 6+ months that we know to come up with this. You think they'll make it better in a week or two ??

Just to repeat what I said earlier, if there's ONE advantage that cable has over satellite, it's The Weather Channel's local option. I don't mean to sound negative about satellite, but all the hype after hype about this and then what we get.... :( I do understand, many satellite customers don't have access to cable or have simply never gotten it so they don't know what many of us are talking about. That's too bad 'cause it makes me wonder if this is who Dish catered this option to.

Has anyone seen the slide show and is the radar animated?I can't check because it is lightning in my area.I have mine disconnected.

I think they have moved from testing to live with weather on the 8's. The button now appears in the upper left of the screen, doesn't say test, and came on on the 8's.

No before they go live it will be announced on this website.Their still testing.

It took 6+ months that we know to come up with this. You think they'll make it better in a week or two ??

Just to repeat what I said earlier, if there's ONE advantage that cable has over satellite, it's The Weather Channel's local option. I don't mean to sound negative about satellite, but all the hype after hype about this and then what we get.... :( I do understand, many satellite customers don't have access to cable or have simply never gotten it so they don't know what many of us are talking about. That's too bad 'cause it makes me wonder if this is who Dish catered this option to.

no kidding, if this is what we will be getting period, then this is a bigger letdown than the St Louis Cardinals not spending money in the off-season.

all i got to say is that they better be adding the slide show content, or else this will be a big fat waste of time and money.

I hope that Weather Channel app that's from the Interactive Channel 100 isn't it... I like the "Instant Weather" app better. The radar is totally useless.

I totally agree. Dish Network is going to get the majority of their customers from cable... so they should be doing everything to at least MATCH most of the offerings of cable. The slideshows at Locals on the 8's would be great! Not this lame Weather Channel app that's worse than "Instant Weather". And it should be automatic... why should I have to press a button?

I have seen it on my 622 in MA yet. But if this is going to be the same as the app on ch. 100 I will not waste my time with it. All the app shows is hi/low and current conditions, I can look out my window for this.

In the winter I would like a little more details of what is going on. Just having the hi/low with a picture of clouds and snow really does not tell me how much snow. It could mean a dusting or 10 inches. Cable shows a video with all the details, that is what we need.

Ken

They said it was suppose to be what you see on cable.Their just testing now so their probebly using the one on 100.I hope we get the one they have on cable or I'm going to be very dissapointed.I can't tell much about that radar on 100 because it is way too small.You can't really tell how close the rain is to you.I want to see the one on the cable were the radar is just for your area and you can see how close the rain is.Some people have reported that they've seen the slideshow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)