Weather on the 8's live

They said it was suppose to be what you see on cable.Their just testing now so their probebly using the one on 100.I hope we get the one they have on cable or I'm going to be very dissapointed.I can't tell much about that radar on 100 because it is way too small.You can't really tell how close the rain is to you.I want to see the one on the cable were the radar is just for your area and you can see how close the rain is.Some people have reported that they've seen the slideshow.

As of 2pm...7-2-07, did not see any trigger impulse to to go the local weather. It looks like the trigger was removed. I have seen the blue dish icon and it showed the dish ch. 100 twc weather bar. They may still be testing, but I did not see any slideshow that was responded from earlier posts.....rolou21.

I wonder if you use the DVR if you can skip back and still view the interactive content or if you have to be viewing it live to see it. Why can't we view it anytime as was mentioned not long ago? Wouldn't they be storing the information on the hard drive in which could be accessed at any time? Hopefully they didnt see it as too buggy to be released and end up having to wait several more months to end up not getting it - vaporware.

For those who haven't seen it on ch 214 yet, if you've seen it on ch 100 via the News menu, then option # 5, it's the same thing. As I pointed out, accessing it via ch 100 may in fact be better as you can get it anytime you want vs waiting for "the 8s".

Based on this page, DISH Network -- iTV Overview, I don't anticipate anything better.... :(

Personally, I find it best just to go to:

wunderground.com
accuweather.com
weatherchannel.com

and then do an average of all the forecasts - they can vary by as much as 10 degrees !

Well, in my opinion, THE most accurate weather forecast comes from my local television station. But even then you have to track them for while to see which iis the most accurate (one usually comes out on top!). Next best: Weather.gov (NWS), then Weather Channel. Accuweather comes last in North San Diego!

I have not seen TWC locals on 214 yet. I have two ViP211's, one 811 and one 301. I hope its better than the Dish Home thing.

I also hope its better than what my local cable company (TWC) does as this cable system is spread out over 3 counties. Orange, Ulster and Sullivan, NY. The local forecast here is geared towards Orange (the most populated) but Sullivan (where I am) averages 800 to 1000 feet higher in elevation. Many times the temperature difference can mean rain vs. snow or rain or snow vs. no precipitation.

Even the NWS knows all 3 counties are different. Ulster is served by Albany, Orange is served by Upton (NYC) and Sullivan is served by Binghamton. I trust the NWS best for current forecasts. Thats the real deal.

If its a true slideshow and geared to my real zip code, that would be excellent.

Edit: I just noticed I am now a senior member. How did that happen? Is that why AARP is trying to get a hold of me now?? lol

Last edited:
I got my response back from dishnetwork in an email on local on the 8's.They told me it's going to be like channel 100's.

I got my response back from dishnetwork in an email on local on the 8's.They told me it's going to be like channel 100's.

that is truely unacceptable for me. it's like ordering a Cadilliac and getting stuck with a Pontiac instead. Between this and big 10 network, I'm getting real pissed off at dish. Why is it unacceptable? Simple, has anyone seen Cable TWC lately? I mean they're local on the 8's is better than MOST TV stations weather segments. Also when this was first annouced, it was going to look like the cable TWC local on the 8's.

Mine showed up a couple of times, but hasn't been back. Also, I am very dissappointed about it being the interactive weather feature from channel 100. That is really lame for Dish to switch to that and it was a waste of engineering and programming time to develop for that. It really needs to be the real TWC local on the 8"s just like on cable.

I told people that they were going to get local's on the 8's like cable does. I will never believe things like this anymore to tell people. I dont want a bunch of people angry at me. Sounds like another flop for Dish. Either that or they could not get their act together to get a full launch when they were supposed to. What a disapointment.

I told people that they were going to get local's on the 8's like cable does. I will never believe things like this anymore to tell people. I dont want a bunch of people angry at me. Sounds like another flop for Dish. Either that or they could not get their act together to get a full launch when they were supposed to. What a disapointment.

Im still not getting it, so I have not seen it in action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts