new here/and with time need all the help i can get

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi,i am very interested in fta and i am waiting on my start up equipment and will let you know later what typed receiver and dish i have,but my main question right now is can i use my existing dish network pole which is about a little over 3 foot tall... it worked perfect for dish network but will it work for fta?

The pole, probably yes, but the Dish Network dish, unless it is a Superdish, will be of no use since it is too small and has circular LNBFs. The only way you might need a larger diameter pole is if you would install a large fiberglass dish, such as the Channel Master (Primestar) dishes.

lots of info here, im new to fta olso been reading and learning so much here, working on my 2nd dish that i picked up free, a 7.5ft Bud. My wife thinks im nuts to have 2 Buds
icon7.gif
in the back yard, one for 4dtv and one for fta i will post pics when im done.

hi, i am a newbie. my interest in satellite fta is reaching fanaticism.
i currently have installed in my backyard two dishes; one facing 68.5e (IS10) and the other dish facing 36e (w4/7) with another lnb on it beaming 28.2e (astra 2b nigeria beam) collected together on a 1x4 diesec to an srt 4669x decoder.
now i have so much respect for you guys on this site but you never get to mention about strong-technologies brand of receivers.
can someone direct me to a site where i can get clean and useful firmware/patches to upgrade my strong 4669x receiver? i

:welcome to Satelliteguys! We're all here to help each other.
strong-technologies brand of receivers
Unfortunately, they are just not as popular as other brands in the western hemisphere. Very little information is available, at the sources for that type of information, that are located in the western hemi. I have seen the brand name at other, foreign language, boards, but very rarely on English language boards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)