New Here, got some Dish questions!

Reaper0Bot0

Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Howdy folks!

I'm considering signing up for Dish's HD Only pack, the one for $29.99/month. First off, I can no longer find it on their site. The package builder page doesn't show it for some reason. Anybody got a direct link to it? Do they still offer it?

Next up, if I've got that HD Only pack, can I still sign up for autopay to get Cinemax for a penny/year? Would it be SD or HD if I did?

Are there *any* other perks or suggestions you guys might have?

And last, what am I actually looking at on my bill? It'll be just one box attached to an HDTV. I have zero interest in a DVR. I don't need my locals from Dish (got them both via OTA and QAM). Can I avoid that fee for not having a landline? What's up with that $7/month access fee?

Thanks!

Answers to your questions

Howdy folks!

I'm considering signing up for Dish's HD Only pack, the one for $29.99/month. First off, I can no longer find it on their site. The package builder page doesn't show it for some reason. Anybody got a direct link to it? Do they still offer it?

I do not have the direct link but I am fairly certain that this is still a qualifying and available package through dish with a new activation.

Next up, if I've got that HD Only pack, can I still sign up for autopay to get Cinemax for a penny/year? Would it be SD or HD if I did?

Yes you would still be able to use autopay and request no paper bill to qualify for the Cinemax for a year for a penny and you would get the SD and the HD Cinemax channels both.

Are there *any* other perks or suggestions you guys might have?

Where are you located? I am not sure if there are any other perks other than the 3 free months or actually $39.95 credit for 3 of the 24 month contract for a new activation but you can check with a dish CSR to find out.

And last, what am I actually looking at on my bill? It'll be just one box attached to an HDTV. I have zero interest in a DVR. I don't need my locals from Dish (got them both via OTA and QAM). Can I avoid that fee for not having a landline? What's up with that $7/month access fee?

If you only need 1 box/receiver and do not want a DVR then you will not be charged for a dual tuner receiver nor the $7 per month access fee as the HD only package will fullfill your HD obligation and you can request an HD single tuner receiver.:hatsoff:

Thanks!

I hope that answered all of your questions and good luck dish is the best TV service available.

Thank you for the link, and thank you for the answers.

I did not see USA or SciFi listed for this package. Can anyone with it confirm that they are receiving those channels now?

Is there any reason to sign a contract? I can get a referral from my parents, which should cover the activation fee. The programming credits aren't a big deal.

Is there any other reason to sign a contract for the $29.99/month DishHD Only pack?