New here....Remote question...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pozey

Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Just found this wonderful site today!! :hatsoff:

I have a question....and not real sure which forum I should post it on, so I thought I would start here.....

I just recently purchased a Mitsubishi 52 inch DLP...WD-52628. My first foray into HDTV... :D

Anyway...I have Dish Network - and have for about 7 years. My receiver is a Model 5000. I have already called Dish and I can upgrade to the 811 for about $50.

But my main question is regarding remote controls.....I want to use my Mitsubishi remote to control my Dish Network receiver. But so far, I have not gotten any concrete answer from anyone to tell me that it would be possible. Has anyone had any success using a Universal remote or any other remote other than a Dish Network remote?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide...

Many here use universal remotes. The fight over which Universal remote is better is a whole different (and deeper) matter. As far as using your Mitsu remote with the 811 I can't give you much help. I would guess that you would be OK. I assume that your Mitsu remote is programable. The key may be if it is a "learning" remote (it can receive signals from other remotes and assign these signals to specific buttons). If so, then you shouldn't have a problem. If it isn't a learning remote then you may have an issue. If it won't work, I'm sure you can find a universal remote that will work for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)