New here....Remote question...

pozey

Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Just found this wonderful site today!! :hatsoff:

I have a question....and not real sure which forum I should post it on, so I thought I would start here.....

I just recently purchased a Mitsubishi 52 inch DLP...WD-52628. My first foray into HDTV... :D

Anyway...I have Dish Network - and have for about 7 years. My receiver is a Model 5000. I have already called Dish and I can upgrade to the 811 for about $50.

But my main question is regarding remote controls.....I want to use my Mitsubishi remote to control my Dish Network receiver. But so far, I have not gotten any concrete answer from anyone to tell me that it would be possible. Has anyone had any success using a Universal remote or any other remote other than a Dish Network remote?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide...

Many here use universal remotes. The fight over which Universal remote is better is a whole different (and deeper) matter. As far as using your Mitsu remote with the 811 I can't give you much help. I would guess that you would be OK. I assume that your Mitsu remote is programable. The key may be if it is a "learning" remote (it can receive signals from other remotes and assign these signals to specific buttons). If so, then you shouldn't have a problem. If it isn't a learning remote then you may have an issue. If it won't work, I'm sure you can find a universal remote that will work for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)